The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh yeah woops £120 is for a shared room. Not so well priced then :frown:
Everything about that site is making me want to vomit. 'Nidology'? And I HATE buzzwords, like that 'bold', 'contemporary', etc. flashing over the screen. Why not think of a decent way to advertise rather than using the words you and your team bounced around during a crappy brainstorming session, eh? It's buying into a ****ty 'concept' and a brand.

I'm sure the accommodation's nice enough, but I wonder how much of it is worth the marketing hype they're giving themselves.

That makes me look bitter. Hah. But blimey, do student halls need to be like that, really?
Reply 22
Just think of all the Nidofun you're going to miss out on Dawg.
Reply 23
I would expect to be paying NO MORE than £80 a week next year in private accommodation in Soton. And £80 a week would be a super swanky pad!
Soton =/= London
Reply 25
shady lane
Soton =/= London

I know but it's ridiculous. This is why I left London for Uni.
Reply 26
Talya
I know but it's ridiculous. This is why I left London for Uni.

Surrey != London
Reply 27
WoWZa
Surrey != London :tongue:

Get the whole story first. My parents were divorced and my dad lived up in London.
Looks lush, I'm a masive fan of modern and simplistic design and that's right up my street but I'm not going to uni to live the life of luxury, I want the whole atmosphere of halls. Plus I can't see many lower class students living in that sort of a place and I want to maximise contact time with the commoners :yy:
Reply 29
The diagram it has for the shared room looks makes it look tiny and all the other pictures are just artists impressions. And for £120, I do not want to be sharing with a "Nidomate" even in London
Reply 30
shyopstv
The diagram it has for the shared room looks makes it look tiny and all the other pictures are just artists impressions. And for £120, I do not want to be sharing with a "Nidomate" even in London

well I wouldn't mind doing that as long as I could specify my Nidomate was my boyfriend or a good friend.
Yuck, I don't like.
Reply 32
The kitchen thing is a bit weird. Also, does anyone know how big "15.5square metres" is in terms of dimensions. Going on a bit of pacing I would say that it is a LOT smaller than my hall room at the moment - a room that doesn't have a kitchen or ensuite yet still manages to seem small at times.
Not an accomodation option I would go for, even if I was London based.
Reply 33
If its perfectly square then its just under 4mx4m (3.93x3.93 to be precise) so nowhere near as big as the pictures make it look. My room is slightly smaller than that and its fairly big but not exactly massive

Latest

Trending

Trending