The Student Room Group

Physics Degree, Mac or PC better?

Hi, I've been accepted onto a MPhys course starting in October and they recommend that you have a laptop, but I don't know whether a Mac or normal PC would be better? I'd rather spend less if I had the choice, but the specs come first so I will pay the extra if you think they are needed.
If anyone could help that would be great.
Original post by NinjaChloe
Hi, I've been accepted onto a MPhys course starting in October and they recommend that you have a laptop, but I don't know whether a Mac or normal PC would be better? I'd rather spend less if I had the choice, but the specs come first so I will pay the extra if you think they are needed.
If anyone could help that would be great.

Ask about the need for any software? or whether you have any access to computer labs?
Reply 2
Okay, I will do, thankyou:smile:
Reply 3
Pretty much you're always going to get better specs for your money buying a PC. Macs provide better aesthetics, convenience, durability and such but, for example, a 13" macbook pro sets you back around £1k and includes a dual core i5 processor. for the same price, you could easily get an i7 in a pc.
Original post by NinjaChloe
Okay, I will do, thankyou:smile:

Then you can decide on what kinda specs you need, etc or if you'll be doing most things in a computer lab
Reply 5
Okay, I was hoping to stick to PC's so thankyou, I'll contact the university and see what specs I need:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending