The Student Room Group

HC1 form - Is student loans company the same as student finance england?

Hello Everyone,
I was fillng out a HC1 form for low income to receive free NHS services. A part in the form asks where the tuition was paid by the options below or by another company, the options were:

Student Loans Company (SLC)
Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
National Health Service (NHS)

I put another company, which was Student Finance England.
However, do they mean the company called Student Loans Company or do they mean a company that provides student finance in general? Was i right to put what i did?

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nikkitikki99
Hello Everyone,
I was fillng out a HC1 form for low income to receive free NHS services. A part in the form asks where if the tuition was paid by the options below or by another company, the options were:

However, do they mean the company called Student Loans Company or do they mean a company that provides student finance in general? Was i right to put what i did?

They meant Student Loans Company. However I'm sure they'll get what you mean. If concerned call them up to confirm?
Original post by Nikkitikki99
Hello Everyone,
I was fillng out a HC1 form for low income to receive free NHS services. A part in the form asks where if the tuition was paid by the options below or by another company, the options were:

I believe SFE (and possibly also the Welsh equivalent) is part of SLC. So you should choose SLC. Our Finance Expert will confirm in a moment. :smile:
Thank you both for the reply.
The next question asks what source of money I use while in full time education. The options were:

Support from Student Loans Company
NHS Bursary
Bursary from your higher education institution (HEI)
Other scholarship, sponsorship, award or bursary
Grant or loan from overseas

There is no other option to put "Student Finance England" so what should i do?

SFE and SLC are the same company.
Original post by Juichiro
I believe SFE (and possibly also the Welsh equivalent) is part of SLC. So you should choose SLC. Our Finance Expert will confirm in a moment. :smile:

Original post by OU Student
SFE and SLC are the same company.

Okay, thank you both. I will tick that i use Student Loans Company (SLC).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending