The Student Room Group

need a b in maths for psychology course?? only got a C!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by giella
As someone who tutors psychology, I would seriously consider keeping on some kind of maths through into sixth form. A lot of people who do psychology - and I'm talking both A level and undergraduate here - underestimate the maths skills that they need to do it and do it well. Psychology in its higher form at university basically is maths when it comes to the handling and interpretation of data. It's not just psychoanalysis and dream interpretation.
I'm not saying don't do it. Just recognise that maths is going to feature quite heavily in your future if you do and it won't hurt to improve your maths skills now.

^^^ this

I went to a university where only a C was needed at Maths GCSE and it showed. I actually had a maths A level and honestly people on my course struggled an incredible amount with statistics, it meant they got really low marks in those modules but it also means that you're going to struggle moving forwards in a relevant career as those skills are going to be needed over and over again

talk to your college about retaking your GCSE, most offer GCSE retakes for people who didn't get their C so while they may ask you to pay for the exam fee it should be available

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending