The Student Room Group

How are you feeling about your results?

This poll is closed

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected 24%
They're exactly what I expected 19%
They're lower than I expected56%
Total votes: 1299
After months of waiting, it's finally results day!

How are you feeling about your grades?

If you need support today, we're here for you. Pop into the applications, Clearing and Ucas forum and our advisors will be there to help.

How do you feel now?

Were your results what you were anticipating?

What will the next step on your journey be now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm calling my school chasing my AS result up because I was meant to have them emailed and I still got nothing 🙈 And I literally got a message saying I have an email and I got so excited thinking it was my result but it was actually just photos from an event I took part in during the school year, I'm gonna die of cardiac arrest in a minute
Reply 2
Original post by zeasea
I'm calling my school chasing my AS result up because I was meant to have them emailed and I still got nothing 🙈 And I literally got a message saying I have an email and I got so excited thinking it was my result but it was actually just photos from an event I took part in during the school year, I'm gonna die of cardiac arrest in a minute

They should have given them at 8AM that weird
Original post by zeasea

Oh no! Have you heard back yet?
Reply 4
Original post by beefreya
They should have given them at 8AM that weird

Original post by Vic Vinegar
Oh no! Have you heard back yet?

Still waiting and verging on cardiac arrest lol, I managed to get them to pick up and I happened to get picked up by the principal, and he said he'll try and get them to send it to me as a priority but I'm still waiting unfortunately
Original post by zeasea
Still waiting and verging on cardiac arrest lol, I managed to get them to pick up and I happened to get picked up by the principal, and he said he'll try and get them to send it to me as a priority but I'm still waiting unfortunately

Ah that's such a shame - the last thing you want is a delay. Fingers crossed it'll be worth the wait!
Reply 6
Ah that's such a shame - the last thing you want is a delay. Fingers crossed it'll be worth the wait!

I got the results! I got a grade B in AS physics :biggrin:
Original post by zeasea

Ayyyy there we go! Congratulations - bet you're feeling relieved now :five:
Reply 8
I somehow went from MPP from the start of year 13 to DDM
Reply 9
Ayyyy there we go! Congratulations - bet you're feeling relieved now :five:

Relieved but disappointed, I was hoping for an A and now my family won't leave me alone. But hey, at least the stress is over lol
Reply 10
Hey there I just recently got my results and most failed all of my International A levels (Year 13) (Maths, Chemistry, ICT )(UUE) could someone help me with what I should do? my teachers told me to resit all I honestly don't know what to do and what units I have to take each month(October, January, June).
I got an A* in psychology, an A in maths and a C in physics, which is about what I was expecting. Thought I did a lot worse in physics though. Genuinely surprised I hadn't failed. Disappointed but not surprised by maths. I was only 7 marks off an A* : /
Original post by zeasea

nice, although not the top grade, B in AS is still fine ig. In 2022 I also did my A-levels and got BBC lol. c in math b in physics and psychology. only taking AS in account: A in math, B in physics and psych. 2 years early. idk how i got that

2023: A in math (close to A*, just ****ed P3, perfect scores in some papers), A in psychology (that was close) and B in physics (did worse in retakes).

So I screwed up my results. Shouldn't have retaken physics, i was basically so close to A*. If I had and taken psych 4 i could've gotten A*AB or even A*A*B. But that's all conjecture and i've underachieved in life

Original post by yo .
Hey there I just recently got my results and most failed all of my International A levels (Year 13) (Maths, Chemistry, ICT )(UUE) could someone help me with what I should do? my teachers told me to resit all I honestly don't know what to do and what units I have to take each month(October, January, June).

What is your UMS? Some papers could've been done well even if overall the paper sucks, or some grades are worse than others.
Reply 13
Original post by justlearning1469
But that's all conjecture and i've underachieved in life

I'm sometimes not quite sure when you're joking, but just to be clear, you have not. There are loads of doors open, and lots of routes to get to where you eventually want to be.
Reply 14
I got better than I thought. I did Socio, Econ and History and I really thought the papers were really hard for Econ and Socio while people thought it was easy. But I'm beyond happy with my grades and being accepted to UNI is rly wat mattered.

Anyway I got A*AA with A* in Socio and As in the other subjects. I just could not believe it when I opened the enevelope
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 15
I feel great about my results, I did better than ever and Im on top of the world with an AAB. It truly means the world to me to feel like Ive had years of work validated... however, I dont think many of my classmates got fair grades. Maybe they got too cocky or maybe they flunked on the paper but it still feels wrong to me that someone in my class predicted an A* got a B and a bunch of my A grade friends got C's. All this while people in my class who deserve NOTHING got C's too. My class had a 100% pass rate but that doesn't change the prospects of my friends who got C's and D's.

Although Im grateful for my grades, I feel a lot of remorse for those around me who didn't get what they needed.
Reply 16
Im upset about my C in Physics. was definitely expecting atleast a B grade. My school has submitted an appeal, but ive already gotten into my Insurance choice.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Minuetter
I feel great about my results, I did better than ever and Im on top of the world with an AAB. It truly means the world to me to feel like Ive had years of work validated... however, I dont think many of my classmates got fair grades. Maybe they got too cocky or maybe they flunked on the paper but it still feels wrong to me that someone in my class predicted an A* got a B and a bunch of my A grade friends got C's. All this while people in my class who deserve NOTHING got C's too. My class had a 100% pass rate but that doesn't change the prospects of my friends who got C's and D's.

Although Im grateful for my grades, I feel a lot of remorse for those around me who didn't get what they needed.

Their prospects are fine (even though it doesn't seem that way), it'll just take them a bit longer to be where they want to.
Reply 18
Original post by gjd800
Their prospects are fine (even though it doesn't seem that way), it'll just take them a bit longer to be where they want to.

I certainly hope so. They're all very smart students and the anxiety this has given them is palpable
Reply 19
Original post by Minuetter
I certainly hope so. They're all very smart students and the anxiety this has given them is palpable

Honestly they will be ok. I have terrible A Levels, failed one. Went to university in my mid-20s under WP and things turned out very well indeed (terminal degree, postgrad at Oxford, job as academic at top institution). I have 50 stories like this from people that flunked A Levels - one of my best mates got bad A Levels and a 2i in law from LJMU, he works for a magic circle firm now on silly money.

A Levels are important for the first step aged 18 after 6th form, but after that their value diminishes greatly.

Quick Reply

Latest