The Student Room Group

UNIQ Oxford Summer School

Thinking of going to UNIQ next year-to do Biochemistry, don't know if my GCSE grades are good enough though?

Maths- A*
Biology- A*
Chemistry- A*
Physics- A*
History- A*
Religious Studies- A*
English- A
Geography- A
Spanish- B
ICT- B

I only ask, because normally people say how Oxford will want ridiculous amounts of A*s from applicants, but I'm not planning on doing Medicine. Also, wondered if anyone else was considering UNIQ? Cheers in Advance
Original post by RadonGhost
Thinking of going to UNIQ next year-to do Biochemistry, don't know if my GCSE grades are good enough though?

Maths- A*
Biology- A*
Chemistry- A*
Physics- A*
History- A*
Religious Studies- A*
English- A
Geography- A
Spanish- B
ICT- B

I only ask, because normally people say how Oxford will want ridiculous amounts of A*s from applicants, but I'm not planning on doing Medicine. Also, wondered if anyone else was considering UNIQ? Cheers in Advance

It's worth applying. I honestly don't know exactly what your chances are but you've got a reasonable number of A*s and you're not applying for one of the ultra competitive courses so it's definitely worth the effort to send off the application. At the very worst, you'll have a head start to your personal statement and as far as I'm aware, they invite near-miss applicants to outreach activities so you could still benefit from that even if you didn't get in.
Reply 2
Original post by Plagioclase
It's worth applying. I honestly don't know exactly what your chances are but you've got a reasonable number of A*s and you're not applying for one of the ultra competitive courses so it's definitely worth the effort to send off the application. At the very worst, you'll have a head start to your personal statement and as far as I'm aware, they invite near-miss applicants to outreach activities so you could still benefit from that even if you didn't get in.

Thanks, I'll try it then
Reply 3
Original post by RadonGhost

Maths- A*
Biology- A*
Chemistry- A*
Physics- A*
History- A*
Religious Studies- A*
English- A
Geography- A
Spanish- B
ICT- B

Those grades are definitely fine to apply with!
I'm also thinking of applying for Biochemistry/Biomed or Chemistry. Do you think we should make a thread for the 2016 one?
Reply 4
Original post by ozmo19
Those grades are definitely fine to apply with!
I'm also thinking of applying for Biochemistry/Biomed or Chemistry. Do you think we should make a thread for the 2016 one?

Yeah, that sounds like a plan, might be useful to know some people, and get some personal statement tips.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending