The Student Room Group

Can someone explain UMS/Average UMS (Uniform Mark Scheme) to me?

People are talking about the percentages they got of the UMS or something in a forum about applying to university. I'm going to start sixth form in September and I just want to know what to expect from AS/A2 results in terms of UMS. Sorry I'm not too good at explaining things... this might not make sense xp
UMS is just a standardised mark scheme that all exam boards use. The reason they use it is so you can compare grades across exam boards. It's easy to convert between UMS and raw marks by using a UMS converter online :smile: You don't really need to know about UMS unless you're going to start deciding whether to re-sit, or, seeing how far away from each grade you were. :smile:

I hope this helps, feel free to reply with Q's :biggrin:
Original post by Connor_C97
UMS is just a standardised mark scheme that all exam boards use. The reason they use it is so you can compare grades across exam boards. It's easy to convert between UMS and raw marks by using a UMS converter online :smile: You don't really need to know about UMS unless you're going to start deciding whether to re-sit, or, seeing how far away from each grade you were. :smile:

I hope this helps, feel free to reply with Q's :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest