The Student Room Group

thing are getting to me...must rant

I dont really know how to start this post. I suppose I'll just start by saying I'm getting depressed about everything thats happening at the moment.
First of all, I just started back at uni because we get December to Feb off for the xmas holidays and its ridiculously long. I don't hate it here but I think I'm going to have a very ard time getting back into the swing of things and going to lectures etc. To be honest Im actually starting to miss home, which is unusual for me because Im not usually such a homebird. Last semester I hated having to go home and much preferred being in the halls all the time. I miss my dogs, i miss my sister and sometimes...just sometimes..i miss my parents. I miss the town and my house and room. I dont normally get homesick..ever. I've just gotten so used to being at home because of the holidays.
Another issue is that I hate myself 99% of the time. I dont like my appearance, my body, my personality...i just hate everything about myself. I dont feel I am good enough. I feel hopeless. I have problems with my weight as well.
i like a guy who doesn't pay attention to me....or at least I did. I was a bit disappointed last night to find that he has no respect for women and just sleeps around with different girls all the time.
Another thing which is bothering me is this guy who likes me. He knows I don't like him back but his friends always keep trying to force me to go out with him or have sex with him even though I have told them many many times before that I will not go out with/have sex with someone I dont like just for the hell of it. Thats all they talk about when they see me. Its getting to me.

Those are some of the main issues of the past few days or so.
Feel free to post as I will need some cheering up. Everything just feels like its going wrong.
Reply 1
The second term of any uni year is always the worst as the January blues never seem to go away. First term = great, everything is new and shiny and you enjoy seeing all your friends again. Third term = great, it's sunny and once exams are over everyone just goes to the beach and does sod all. Second term is incomparable to these and everyone seems a bit deflated. So don't worry...it's perfectly normal.
Self-esteem issues...write down all the things you like about yourself. Then resolve to do things to change the stuff you don't like. If it's your social life, join some societies and actually go to the activities. If it's your weight, go to the doctor and ask to be referred to a nutritionist to help with a healthy eating plan, and take up some form of exercise (it has to be something you enjoy though or you won't do it!).
The guy you like sounds like an idiot, and you probably know he is. I reckon this is the self-esteem issue coming into play again...don't cling to what you see as the 'only option', and definitely don't let your friends coerce you into going out with/sleeping with someone you're not into!
Hope stuff works out for you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending