The Student Room Group

minor misconduct

I got accused of committing minor misconduct at uni… the final report has zero evidence that what i’m accused of happened and the investigator was not very considerate throughout the whole thing.
It took four months to come to a conclusion while I was pretty much banned from all uni activities except taught sessions, at the end of the year when all the leavers events are happening!!, and through that time i experienced the worst suicidal thoughts i’ve had and ended up harming myself. The uni don’t care. The investigator has come to the conclusion that I’ve committed the misconduct because my friends behaved in the ways I was accused of. Don’t know how that’s fair considering I have evidence showing that I tried to stop the rumours multiple times.

Has anyone experienced this? I think i’ve developed some form of Ptsd from this whole situation, everytime I hear an email notif, I freeze and panic. Whenever it’s mentioned or something new comes about I can’t do anything except sit in bed and cry until I fall asleep. I hardly sleep anymore because i’m constantly worrying about it. Don’t know what I can do really as if I appeal i’ll have to go through even more traumatic things, reliving what happened but it just feels like the uni has totally disregarded me here.

I told them I was experiencing suicidal thoughts and they did nothing! The investigator kept trying to trick me through getting me to answer one question then trying to get me to go back on my answer in the next question??

this is just a rant now really but I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and any advice on what to do?

At the moment, I can’t rejoin my sports club next year incase the student who accused me, reports me again and as i’ve already got a misconduct record they’ll obviously believe them now. I don’t want to quit but the ptsd symptoms i’ve been experiencing won’t go away if i rejoin the club and constantly have to look over my shoulder. Can i do anything against the uni for the blatant disregard for my well-being?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I got accused of committing minor misconduct at uni… the final report has zero evidence that what i’m accused of happened and the investigator was not very considerate throughout the whole thing.
It took four months to come to a conclusion while I was pretty much banned from all uni activities except taught sessions, at the end of the year when all the leavers events are happening!!, and through that time i experienced the worst suicidal thoughts i’ve had and ended up harming myself. The uni don’t care. The investigator has come to the conclusion that I’ve committed the misconduct because my friends behaved in the ways I was accused of. Don’t know how that’s fair considering I have evidence showing that I tried to stop the rumours multiple times.

Has anyone experienced this? I think i’ve developed some form of Ptsd from this whole situation, everytime I hear an email notif, I freeze and panic. Whenever it’s mentioned or something new comes about I can’t do anything except sit in bed and cry until I fall asleep. I hardly sleep anymore because i’m constantly worrying about it. Don’t know what I can do really as if I appeal i’ll have to go through even more traumatic things, reliving what happened but it just feels like the uni has totally disregarded me here.

I told them I was experiencing suicidal thoughts and they did nothing! The investigator kept trying to trick me through getting me to answer one question then trying to get me to go back on my answer in the next question??

this is just a rant now really but I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and any advice on what to do?

At the moment, I can’t rejoin my sports club next year incase the student who accused me, reports me again and as i’ve already got a misconduct record they’ll obviously believe them now. I don’t want to quit but the ptsd symptoms i’ve been experiencing won’t go away if i rejoin the club and constantly have to look over my shoulder. Can i do anything against the uni for the blatant disregard for my well-being?

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. I have no personal experience in this but since no one else has replied yet, do your students union have anyone to help? At my university, we have student support services within the student union that give you an adviser to help combat this and help you through it. Have you seen anything about it or searched anything similar at your own uni?

That's the only help I can really give, sorry :frown: Hope you can sort something out and that ranting at least helped a little (I find it helps me).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending