The Student Room Group

Want to become an Officer Pilot in the army

Hi,
I've recently started becoming interested in wanting to become an Officer Pilot in the army. I wasn't looking at university before but if i want to be an officer I've heard it's best to have a degree, also i would like to go to a UOTC. I was wondering what the whole process i need to do is.

I think I'd go to uni, go to a UOTC but where do i go from there? I've read that you need to be chosen to go to aircrew selection and do the medical and aptitude tests and flying grading then you go to Sandhurst for the officer training then go to flight training.

How do you go from university to 'getting chosen' for the aircrew selection?

Thanks, sorry for the essay haha

I'm just about to start my second year doing A-levels in Chemistry, Computing, Maths and Physics (dropping maths or chemistry).
Reply 1
Join the UOTC and find out from the horse's mouth.

That additionally will tell you whether or not you actually like and could cope with the Army atmosphere and, to some degree, lifestyle.

Safe to say, however, that there are numerous hurdles to jump through, even after finishing Sandhurst, which is itself no easy feat.
I'd also consider what type of flying you want to do. In some cases the RAF or FAA may better suit your needs.

If the AAC is for you, then good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest