The Student Room Group

How to stop my hair from going grey??

Scroll to see replies

Tense your arms hard enough you turn super saiyan. Now your hair Is yellow
Your welcomd

Posted from TSR Mobile
try rubbing loads of white wine vinegar and angel delight mix, it always works for me
Hmm, genetics plus maybe you are stressed about not being able to find a job?
Reply 23
Dye your hair rose-gold, or even grey. That way you're "hiding" in plain sight. A lot of times, premature greying IS due to lack of vitamins, and sometimes even due to thyroid or pituitary glands problems-don't listen to those two neanderthals above. However, if your parents started around this age-especially both of them-chances are you are probably following in suit. Like I mentioned, rose gold is hot at the moment, and grey hair dyed is "in" as well if you'd want to try it out. (https://goo.gl/BWLZ7F)
Dye it grey and rock it :smile:

it looks cool

if not you could henna dye it, the grey hairs will go ginger
Reply 25

Enjoy it.
I heard henna shampoos help and sage water.
All grey hair looks quite cool if you can pull it off.
Echoing the questions of many 40 somethings, I see.
If they have no solution, why would we?

Save up for the dyeing, or just reconcile yourself to it.
Reply 28
I heard almond oil on hair does wonders. Maybe you should try it. Also minimize stress if possible.
Lol at how angry some people got at the suggestion that fruit and veg was good for you. :biggrin:
Grey/silver hair is a trend at the moment, I say just go with it and people will think you dyed it that colour deliberately. I know it sucks but it's just one of those things, I'm guessing women in your family have all gone grey quite young? It's the same as some lads start losing their hair at the same age too.
Wete you dying your hair regularly before you noticed the grey hair?
Reply 32
30% grey at 20 years old? I didn't even know that was possible :confused: Coconut oil is meant to be good for grey hair although it has to be prolonged use. They say people from tropical regions who use coconut oil throughout childhood and beyond seldom go grey or bald.

But anyway clean up your diet and make sure you are not deficient in an vitamins/mineral and that you are getting enough protein, relieve stress and if you smoke or drink then quit.
Eat foods which help the body produce more melanin. Look it up
Original post by FlyingNinja1
Eat foods which help the body produce more melanin. Look it up

she wont get enough from food. to get more melanin she basically needs to become black or asian
Reply 36
Exorcism does the trick

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Sorted.
Maybe the chemicals in the dye could have contributed to it? I don't really know the difference between salon dye and normal dye.
Reply 39
coconut oil is suppose to help improve your hair from turning grey. It is suppose to help prevent the premature graying of the hair. my parents as well began to get gray hair real early in their life. this may reverse the process. good luck

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Coconut-Oil-on-Your-Hair-and-Skin
http://gaizupath.com/coconut-oil-for-gray-hair/

Quick Reply

Latest