The Student Room Group

A2 choices limiting my uni courses available?

Hey !
I just finished year 12 and got AABB in french, biology, maths, chem
I just decided to drop chemistry - Is having only 2 sciences and a language limiting me?
thanks =))
Reply 1
Original post by Exephy
Hey !
I just decided to drop chemistry - Is having only 2 sciences and a language limiting me?
thanks =))

What are you wanting to go into after sixth form?
Original post by Exephy
Hey !
thanks =))

Hi there,

Like said above, it will all depend on what you want to study at university!

Obviously you're limited in terms of not being able to apply for 3 year courses to do chemical engineering or maths required courses - but they still have foundation courses you'll be able to take.

You'll also only be limited if French is your native language (lots of universities don't like it).

But well done on the AS grades though - they're fantastic :smile:.

- Kath :smile:.
Reply 3
Original post by Emsta
What are you wanting to go into after sixth form?

I've absolutely no idea! I was just worried that by giving up one of the two sciences there's be less courses i COULD go for than if I dropped maths instead if that makes any sense
Reply 4
Original post by Exephy
I've absolutely no idea! I was just worried that by giving up one of the two sciences there's be less courses i COULD go for than if I dropped maths instead if that makes any sense

It would all depend on what course you would want to do at uni, do you prefer the sciences or maths? Have a look at some courses on here-http://www.whatuni.com/
Reply 5
Original post by Emsta
It would all depend on what course you would want to do at uni, do you prefer the sciences or maths? Have a look at some courses on here-http://www.whatuni.com/

That site looks great I'll take a look :smile: Nothing much interests me hugely which is my problem, why can't there be a degree in eating jelly snakes and watching netflix?!
Reply 6
Original post by Exephy
That site looks great I'll take a look :smile: Nothing much interests me hugely which is my problem, why can't there be a degree in eating jelly snakes and watching netflix?!

yeah haha :smile: and cool, let me know how you get on :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Emsta
yeah haha :smile: and cool, let me know how you get on :smile:

Pretty good aha that site was a lifesaver and helped me figure things out - I decided on compsci or modern languages :smile:
I still have really no idea if I'll regret it but short of going full tarzan mode and exploring the jungle to find my spiritual self I don't think I'll know for sure until I've done it.
Thank you for your help!
Reply 8
Original post by Exephy
Pretty good aha that site was a lifesaver and helped me figure things out - I decided on compsci or modern languages :smile:
I still have really no idea if I'll regret it but short of going full tarzan mode and exploring the jungle to find my spiritual self I don't think I'll know for sure until I've done it.
Thank you for your help!

yeah, just go for it ! and no prob :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest