The Student Room Group

How many Champions League matches are aired in Britain?

Im Turkish and support Galatasaray. would the channels in the UK air their matches in the Champions League? they are in a pretty easy group tho. Benfica At. Madrid and a Astana. so no teams like barcelona or real madrid. do you think i will be able to watch Galas games?
Reply 1
You need BT sports as they have all the champions league rights for the next few seasons.
All of them. On BT Sports Europe... :mad:
Wooop all on BT :biggrin:

Oh **** I'm going uni though
Reply 4
BT Sport muscling in on all these elite competitions is doing my head in. The Ashes will be aired on there now. I hope they get Owen doing commentary at Lord's.
Original post by Mackay
BT Sport muscling in on all these elite competitions is doing my head in. The Ashes will be aired on there now. I hope they get Owen doing commentary at Lord's.

They've only got the coverage of the Ashes series down under in 17/18.
Reply 6
Original post by Aky786UK
They've only got the coverage of the Ashes series down under in 17/18.

I know. Imagine Owen's commentary, though.

"This could be a cricket score, Darren"...
Reply 7
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
All of them. On BT Sports Europe... :mad:

is there a way to purchase individual matches? or purchase them online or smth so I can watch em on my pc? also how likely do you think is the universities common rooms having BT Sports Europe? coz i doubt pubs will air Galatasaray matches especially because there are no teams from England in their group.
Original post by Solair
is there a way to purchase individual matches? or purchase them online or smth so I can watch em on my pc? also how likely do you think is the universities common rooms having BT Sports Europe? coz i doubt pubs will air Galatasaray matches especially because there are no teams from England in their group.

No there's no way to purchase individual matches, getting the whole bundle is the only way to go. I know that most university pubs show Sky Sports on campus, not sure about BT yet though. And it's unlikely you'll have any Sports channels in your own personal common rooms that's a massive premium. :smile:
Original post by Mackay
I know. Imagine Owen's commentary, though.

"This could be a cricket score, Darren"...

:rofl:
And they get the umpires talking about how they make their decisions and ****.
This country is a disgrace. No football is allowed to be screen between 3pm-5:15pm on a Saturday when 90% of the matches kick off and no way of watching the CL legally on TV without paying extra for BT Sports. The cost is ridiculous as well.

Should really take a leaf out of Argentina's book, who screen every single league match free on telly and Youtube so even the poorest people can watch their team play.

Quick Reply

Latest