The Student Room Group

Getting AAAa from DDEU??

without doing an extra a year. Obviously I am going to drop the U which was Psychology but I'm doing a resit of that subject for AS. The 2 D's were in Biology and Maths (CBU for each unit). So planning to resit the U (statistics) and then resit the Biology AS. Whilst continuing both Biology and Maths into A2. My head of sixth is going to see if I can continuing Chemistry (considering I got an E) by talking to my Chemistry teacher and see how I did through out the year (I got A's and B's on mocks). So I will be doing resits and A2 for Chemistry if all goes well.

With doing all that in a year (year 13), is it possible for me to get AAAa with extremely hard work and dedication??
Original post by bluemadhatter
without doing an extra a year. Obviously I am going to drop the U which was Psychology but I'm doing a resit of that subject for AS. The 2 D's were in Biology and Maths (CBU for each unit). So planning to resit the U (statistics) and then resit the Biology AS. Whilst continuing both Biology and Maths into A2. My head of sixth is going to see if I can continuing Chemistry (considering I got an E) by talking to my Chemistry teacher and see how I did through out the year (I got A's and B's on mocks). So I will be doing resits and A2 for Chemistry if all goes well.

With doing all that in a year (year 13), is it possible for me to get AAAa with extremely hard work and dedication??

Yes, it completely possible, but you will have to work. However, it will be very difficult for you because none of your AS exams are an A, so are you planning to resit them all? It's more difficult to get higher grades at A2 to pull it up.
You need to think was the "bad" grades due to lack of preparation for exams or did you actually revise? If it's the latter then maybe AAAa is out of reach, but do go for it! I hope you pull it off! :biggrin:

Anything can happen with hard work and a bit of luck
Original post by Hayley Williams
Yes, it completely possible, but you will have to work. However, it will be very difficult for you because none of your AS exams are an A, so are you planning to resit them all? It's more difficult to get higher grades at A2 to pull it up.
You need to think was the "bad" grades due to lack of preparation for exams or did you actually revise? If it's the latter then maybe AAAa is out of reach, but do go for it! I hope you pull it off! :biggrin:

I am basically planning to resit them all. So its basically me doing AS and A2's at the same time so I have to work like 4 times harder than everyone else.

It was definitely a lack of preparation like I stressed and panicked and procrastinated but never revised. I literally just turned up to each exam with nothing. Not even last minute revision. I also missed on of the exams for Psychology which is why I got a U (I got a B in the other paper but it was only worth 30%). Also I have to go make an appointment for anxiety/depression to make sure I dont do the thing I did last year (said my teacher).

Thank you!!
I am basically planning to resit them all. So its basically me doing AS and A2's at the same time so I have to work like 4 times harder than everyone else.

It was definitely a lack of preparation like I stressed and panicked and procrastinated but never revised. I literally just turned up to each exam with nothing. Not even last minute revision. I also missed on of the exams for Psychology which is why I got a U (I got a B in the other paper but it was only worth 30%). Also I have to go make an appointment for anxiety/depression to make sure I dont do the thing I did last year (said my teacher).

Thank you!!

One of my friends had anxiety and even got extra time in the exam for it, maybe that would be an option which may help you out too :biggrin:

Thank you!!

in the exact same situation as you mate
i got D E E in chemistry biology and psychology respectively. Myself and my teachers are certain it was purely down to me being lazy, hence why they let me on to next year. As a result of this im resitting all my modules alongside A2. The prospect of 12 exams is pretty scary but i suppose ill have to disappear off planet earth for a year, which im more than willing to do. Just got to hope it works and i dont end up with U's in everything.
Original post by Ismail786
in the exact same situation as you mate
i got D E E in chemistry biology and psychology respectively. Myself and my teachers are certain it was purely down to me being lazy, hence why they let me on to next year. As a result of this im resitting all my modules alongside A2. The prospect of 12 exams is pretty scary but i suppose ill have to disappear off planet earth for a year, which im more than willing to do. Just got to hope it works and i dont end up with U's in everything.

Exactly!! And it helps that after this year, I am taking a gap year (since I am not applying this year) so I have something big to look forward ^-^

Good luck :smile:
Exactly!! And it helps that after this year, I am taking a gap year (since I am not applying this year) so I have something big to look forward ^-^

Good luck :smile:

hope it works out for you. we just have to stay organized and nag the s*** out of our tutors if we dont understand something.
my plan is A2 throughout the week and AS on the weekends.
i started my AS revision over a week ago and all the information is a lot easier to process and understand :gthumb:

:gthumb:

You'll have to work your pretty backside off.

Because A2 is definitely harder than AS so you'll need to have great time management skills in order to focus enough on your A2 subjects as well as give yourself time to revise for AS. However, in terms of predictions, I don't think it's likely your teacher will predict you AAA (unless they were all incredibly shocked and thought that you're overall grades were anomalous?)
Original post by Ismail786
hope it works out for you. we just have to stay organized and nag the s*** out of our tutors if we dont understand something.
my plan is A2 throughout the week and AS on the weekends.
i started my AS revision over a week ago and all the information is a lot easier to process and understand :gthumb:

:gthumb:

I really wish I had started revision a week or 2 ago as well but then again I am glad I have kinda relaxed and **** before starting this huge marathon O.O
Original post by thecatwithnohat
You'll have to work your pretty backside off.

Because A2 is definitely harder than AS so you'll need to have great time management skills in order to focus enough on your A2 subjects as well as give yourself time to revise for AS. However, in terms of predictions, I don't think it's likely your teacher will predict you AAA (unless they were all incredibly shocked and thought that you're overall grades were anomalous?)

Hmmm great time management skills? I will work on that. Going do some intense planning and crap next week when school starts. I AM READY TO WORK HARD AF!

Oh yeah I know that xD I'm not applying this year, going to get my grades and take a gap year then apply on my gap year ^-^
If you work hard throughout the year there is no reason why you cannot bring up your grades. Stay determined and motivated and don't worry about predicted grades - I got BCEE at AS and therefore had low predicted grades, but still got offers from 5 universities :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katiepeeke
If you work hard throughout the year there is no reason why you cannot bring up your grades. Stay determined and motivated and don't worry about predicted grades - I got BCEE at AS and therefore had low predicted grades, but still got offers from 5 universities :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am not worried about predicted grades because I'm not applying this year xD
Reply 13
Original post by katiepeeke

Posted from TSR Mobile

what uni's did you apply to

Quick Reply

Latest