The Student Room Group

RAF Aptitude test

Hello, I'm currently in the selection process for the RAF looking to be taken on for a Technician role and was wondering if you are allowed to write notes/highlight key words in the Aptitude test; especially in the verbal reasoning section as I find it hard to skim-read the passage and answer the question quickly without highlighting/underlining anything.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
Hi, no you are not allowed to do any working out apart from when instructed. Start practicing reading the question first for the verbal, then take what you need from the question and go to the paragraph and disect it to find the answer. There are loads of free tests just keep doing them and set yourself a time limit.
Honestly, even if you were allowed working out/highlighting in the verbal reasoning (you can in the numerical), you wouldn't have time to. It's very fast paced and skim reading is essential. Just keep practising over and over!
Reply 3
Ok, thanks for the help! I've printed off a load of practise questions. I just need to keep practising :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest