The Student Room Group

You have been given the power to wipe one subject off the school curriculum...

What is it?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Drama
Reply 2
Drama
Reply 3
In before all the fat people say PE
Reply 4
Skills for life :/
Reply 5
Original post by Scienceisgood
What is it?

Spoiler

Maths hands down
ICT.

Get that damned ridiculous, patronising, redundant monstrosity off modern curricula. It was only relevant decades ago. Nowadays kids already know how to use computers to the degree that ICT teaches. It's far more important at this stage to swap it out for computer science.

Also not liking the abundance of 'drama' answers. Drama and Theatre Studies was my most challenging A-level, even amongst maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. Admittedly, there's a big difference between that and GCSE Performing Arts, though...
D.T
P.S.H.E

:facepalm:
RE because religion is a cancer to society.
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm
D.T
P.S.H.E

:facepalm:

In fairness, PSHCE isn't an examined subject and it's pretty darn important as long as it's 'taught' properly
Reply 10
Maths because I didn't like it.
RE - or it should lose it's compulsory status in some NI schools at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
P.E.
Spanish :angry: closely followed by maths :s-smilie: and P.S.H.E :puke:
Music.. if people want do it as a hobby then fine but dont force it on those who dont care
Original post by CaptainJosh
RE because religion is a cancer to society.

That's why we need RE.
Original post by sjgriffiths
ICT.

Get that damned ridiculous, patronising, redundant monstrosity off modern curricula. It was only relevant decades ago. Nowadays kids already know how to use computers to the degree that ICT teaches. It's far more important at this stage to swap it out for computer science.

Couldn't agree more...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
PE. I never actually got anything from it.
RE
Original post by sjgriffiths
ICT.

Can confirm ICT is utter ****.

Quick Reply

Latest