The Student Room Group

Help with filling out BTECs on UCAS

I got distinction* in both Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate (was first cert.) in Sport (QCF) and Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate (was first cert.) in Business (QCF). My certificates were in two parts - one simply telling me the grade I achieved and the other telling me the QCA code, title, credit value at level and the grade.

Where do I put this on my application? There are two options:

BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF)
BTEC First Diploma

For the BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF) there is a drop down box to put your grade. The options are:
D*D*D*
D*D*D
D*DD
DDD
DDM
DMM
MMM
etc

There is then an option to put in your individual modules, but this is not mandatory, in the format:

Unit title
Qualification date
QCF credit value
Level
Grade

However, in the BTEC First diploma option, there is a drop down box for your result with the options:
Dist*
Dist
Merit
Pass
Fail

You then have to fill in your individual modules, with the unit title, qualification date and result. This is mandatory.

It also says "Do not enter your BTEC here if you began it during or after September 2010 - go back to the list of qualifications and select the relevant BTEC (QCF) qualification."

I am confused as the qualification details I have fits some but not all of the two options. Furthermore, when I select the BTEC (QCF) option like it tells me to do, I am not sure what to put as my grade.

I also achieved the ASDAN Level 2 Certificate in Personal and Social Development (QCF) but again I do not know where to put this.

It is also asking me for my BTEC registration number but I have no idea what that is.

With regards to the qualification date, so I put the date I completed each individual module? It was 4 years ago so...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending