The Student Room Group

When do people usually start work after getting the job?

I got a part time job at CEX on Friday, I emailed over my details and everything but have not yet been told when I start work. When do people usually start their new job after getting the offer?
Original post by ajc109
I got a part time job at CEX on Friday, I emailed over my details and everything but have not yet been told when I start work. When do people usually start their new job after getting the offer?

It depends entirely on what the employer wants. If they are in desperate need and the previous person has left, it could be the next day. If they have planned the recruitment and are waiting for someone to work out their notice, or they need to wait for a new budget to kick in, it could be months. Usually for apart-time job, it would be a week or two.
For me it was a case of being asked on the Saturday night to start the next day, but i was lucky to start so soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Very dependent on the employer. My first ever part time job, my start date was the week after getting an offer.
With my new job, I was told I got the on the 27th of Aug but I don't start until the 9th of Sept because of the documents and checks that have to be made.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending