The Student Room Group

Is it possible to sit an A-Level in one year?

I've got 3 AS's but I'm dropping one so in year 13 I'll be doing 2 A2s and one AS but this narrows my UNI options. Is it possible for me to do my two A2s and one whole a-level in one year? Or is it just too hard?
Original post by jaslecomber
I've got 3 AS's but I'm dropping one so in year 13 I'll be doing 2 A2s and one AS but this narrows my UNI options. Is it possible for me to do my two A2s and one whole a-level in one year? Or is it just too hard?

Why are you dropping one? Why don't you carry that one on and resit some exams (if you did badly)?
Reply 2
It's possible, depending on the A-level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jaslecomber

Lots of people have done it, but ultimately it's all down to ability and work ethic - and you know more about yours than we do,
Reply 4
Original post by Florality
Why are you dropping one? Why don't you carry that one on and resit some exams (if you did badly)?

I don't enjoy it, it doesn't fit with what I want to do at UNI and I'm not confident I'll do better if I resit
Some Sixth Forms do intensive courses which means you do your A-Levels in one year, however I am not 100% how many A-Levels. Also it is best that you don't drop as you are just narrowing your University options by doing 2 A-Levels and 1 AS-Level. It isn't recommended you do that.

Quick Reply

Latest