The Student Room Group

could they possibly let me on the course?

basically due to certain circumstances I couldn’t properly do my gcses because I have been out of mainstream education for the last 2 years which means I only have 3 gcses.

the course I want to do in college has has the entry requirement for 4 gcses

would it be possible if I could resit my others and do this course btec level 3?
Original post by mariner12223
basically due to certain circumstances I couldn’t properly do my gcses because I have been out of mainstream education for the last 2 years which means I only have 3 gcses.

the course I want to do in college has has the entry requirement for 4 gcses

would it be possible if I could resit my others and do this course btec level 3?

Firstly, have you spoken to the admissions officers at the college to explain your situation? If you haven't, it's good to check before you do anything else.

Secondly, even if you don't have all the necessary GCSEs, the college can sometimes allow you to resit a few GCSEs (or at least the key ones) in order to make yourself eligible for the college. It's also worth asking this.
Do also note that if you're under 18, education through offline mainstream colleges is often free, so I would try to sit the GCSEs through a college or adult college for free where possible.

Thirdly, if you only have 3 GCSEs, do you want to do GCSEs in other subjects as opposed to just resitting the ones that you did? If so, you can often do GCSEs within the year to make up for the difference in marks.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
Firstly, have you spoken to the admissions officers at the college to explain your situation? If you haven't, it's good to check before you do anything else.

Secondly, even if you don't have all the necessary GCSEs, the college can sometimes allow you to resit a few GCSEs (or at least the key ones) in order to make yourself eligible for the college. It's also worth asking this.
Do also note that if you're under 18, education through offline mainstream colleges is often free, so I would try to sit the GCSEs through a college or adult college for free where possible.

Thirdly, if you only have 3 GCSEs, do you want to do GCSEs in other subjects as opposed to just resitting the ones that you did? If so, you can often do GCSEs within the year to make up for the difference in marks.

yeah I am sitting a few other gcses next year as a private candidate and I am going to talk with the admission officer tomorrow, I am more so worried i will be rejected from the course because I am missing one grade
Reply 3
Original post by mariner12223
yeah I am sitting a few other gcses next year as a private candidate and I am going to talk with the admission officer tomorrow, I am more so worried i will be rejected from the course because I am missing one grade

Hopefully they will be understanding about your situation.Good luck.
Reply 4
I know many people who have done college level 3's without the required grade in English or Maths provided they complete it alongside their level 3 course. My SIL resat her English gcse 3 times before getting a pass grade. Enquire with the college themselves. Also don't take on too much though. If you are already intending to resit a number of gcses this year I would advise against taking on a level 3 on top.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending