The Student Room Group

What is the different between a 90 credit BTEC level 3 diploma and..?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
So you will have full sociology and philsophy a levels and the btec which putting them together gives you the equivalent to 3 a levels but college would give you 1.5 a levels so better staying at sixth form unless you do the 90 credit diploma and do another year to get the extended diploma

To complete my 90 credit diploma I will do the year and then the second year.

So...1.5x2=3 ? =Extended diploma.??

So it's equivalent to 3 A leves. Lol.

Edit:Btrcs are so annoying and confusing like hell.

I think I sm all sorted now?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 08Mercyf
To complete my 90 credit diploma I will do the year and then the second year.

So...1.5x2=3 ? =Extended diploma.??

So its 3 A levels? Loll.

Btrcs are so annoying and confusing like hell.

I think I sm all sorted now?

Yeah i think you've got it :smile:
The above.....

@claireestelle

Sorry to bither.
Loool.
Yeah i think you've got it :smile:

Original post by yt7777
Certificate = 0.5 A levels
Subsid = 1 A level
90 Cred = 1.5 A levels
Diploma = 2 A levels
Extended Dip = 3 A levels

How many BTEC points do i get if i have 3 distinctions overall from my 90 credit diploma?
Original post by Blackstarr
How many BTEC points do i get if i have 3 distinctions overall from my 90 credit diploma?

Do you mean UCAS points?
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/tariff-2017

It would depend on the grades in the other units. For example I do BTEC Business Level 3 90 Credit Diploma and theres 9 units in total in the first year.

How it works:

Distinction = 90 points
Merit = 80 points
Pass = 70 points

In the first year they add the points for 90 credit. E.g 790 points and above (all distinctions) would give you D* D* which would be 210 UCAS points (I think)
Original post by Tenisha1999
It would depend on the grades in the other units. For example I do BTEC Business Level 3 90 Credit Diploma and theres 9 units in total in the first year.

How it works:

Distinction = 90 points
Merit = 80 points
Pass = 70 points

In the first year they add the points for 90 credit. E.g 790 points and above (all distinctions) would give you D* D* which would be 210 UCAS points (I think)

Ok thanks.

How it works:

Distinction = 90 points
Merit = 80 points
Pass = 70 points

Unit 1=Distinction
Unit 2-Pass
Unit 3=Distinction (hopefully)
Unit 4=merit(hopefully)
Unit 5=pass
Unit 6(20 credits)=Distinction
Unit 7(5 credits)=Pass
Unit 8(5 credits)= Pass
Unit 9=Distinction(hopefully)

Based on those what grade will i get?

all the units apart from unit 6(20 credits) unit 7 and 8(5 credits) are all 10 credits

I looked at the website but still somehow confused.

Based on this what will i get from my 90 credit diploma

Unit 1=Distinction
Unit 2-Pass
Unit 4=merit(hopefully)
Unit 5=pass
Unit 7(5 credits)=Pass
Unit 8(5 credits)= Pass

all the units apart from unit 6(20 credits) unit 7 and 8(5 credits) are all 10 credits
Unit 1=Distinction
Unit 2-Pass
Unit 4=merit(hopefully)
Unit 5=pass
Unit 7(5 credits)=Pass
Unit 8(5 credits)= Pass

I don't really know about the credits bit tbh because each one of my 9 units is equally worth 10 credits none of them are different. But adding those points is 630, I have this page in my book. 630 points is P P. If you did BTEC you would have to aim higher than passes for some just because a pass is equivalent to a D from what I know. So overall your grade would be D according to my sheet but I could be wrong since my course seems slightly different to yours, idk
I don't really know about the credits bit tbh because each one of my 9 units is equally worth 10 credits none of them are different. But adding those points is 630, I have this page in my book. 630 points is P P. If you did BTEC you would have to aim higher than passes for some just because a pass is equivalent to a D from what I know. So overall your grade would be D according to my sheet but I could be wrong since my course seems slightly different to yours, idk

Okay so what is MM from your sheet?
Okay so what is MM from your sheet?

690-719 points
690-719 points

Okay.
Hii, I need to know can you do A level after I have some sub dip3 in applied science

Plz do reply
Original post by Rayhank07
Hii, I need to know can you do A level after I have some sub dip3 in applied science

It depends on how long you've spent doing Level 3 qualifications already and the college you're applying to so you would have to ask them.
Reply 38
yes:smile:

would i be able to do a 90 credit diploma is both ICT and Business??
Is an access course higher than a level 4

Quick Reply

Latest