The Student Room Group

Manchester 2016 applicants medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sn44
Wait but haven't I seen you on the Manchester 2016 Facebook chat and it says you're doing Medicine?

It's for all Manchester applicants right? :P
Reply 1581
Original post by setarcos
It's for all Manchester applicants right? :P

Ohhh is it? Haha I have no idea, I got an offer a few weeks ago and then my friend just added me to it, thought the name looked familiar :P
Original post by sn44
Ohhh is it? Haha I have no idea, I got an offer a few weeks ago and then my friend just added me to it, thought the name looked familiar :P

I joined the group about a month ago before I was unsuccessful and just haven't left because I like the people in there lol :redface:
Reply 1583
Original post by sumeyyatontus
I joined the group about a month ago before I was unsuccessful and just haven't left because I like the people in there lol :redface:

Haha, fair enough! :tongue:
There's a group chat?
Hi,
congrats to everyone with offers :smile: I know I will hopefully be applying to manchester this year (2017 entry) can someone please tell me their stats including GCSE grades and ukcat score and if they got an interview so I can get an idea of whether or not I am going to be competitive enough.
thank you so much.
Original post by medicapplicant
Hi,
congrats to everyone with offers :smile: I know I will hopefully be applying to manchester this year (2017 entry) can someone please tell me their stats including GCSE grades and ukcat score and if they got an interview so I can get an idea of whether or not I am going to be competitive enough.
thank you so much.

Hi there. Good luck with your application!

I have a offer from Manchester.

GCSEs - 8A*, 2A, B
AS Levels - AAAA
Predicted A levels - A*A*A
UKCAT - 685

Don't know what the UKCAT cut off will be for future years but I think somewhere between 2600-2700 (so average of 650-675).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1587
Hi,
thank you so much.

Hey :smile:
I had an offer from Manchester as well
GCSE: 9A*
AS: A A A A
A2 predictions: A* A* A A
UKCAT: 275
Good luck with your application!!
Original post by Med maybe 2016
Hi there. Good luck with your application!

I have a offer from Manchester.

GCSEs - 8A*, 2A, B
AS Levels - AAAA
Predicted A levels - A*A*A
UKCAT - 285

Don't know what the UKCAT cut off will be for future years but I think somewhere between 2600-2700 (so average of 650-675).

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow, those are amazing and congrats on the offer, the ukcat cut off seems reasonable but I'm a bit worried about my GCSE's I got 5A*4A1B and I'm new to this thread so do you know anyone with similar GCSE grades getting an interview/offer.thank you. :smile:
Original post by sn44
Hey :smile:
I had an offer from Manchester as well
GCSE: 9A*
AS: A A A A
A2 predictions: A* A* A A
UKCAT: 275
Good luck with your application!!

Again those grades are outstanding but I'm not sure my GCSE's would be good enough I got 5a*4A1B, as I'm new to this thread, do you know anyone on here who got similar grades to me and got an interview/offer.
thank you :smile:
Again those grades are outstanding but I'm not sure my GCSE's would be good enough I got 5a*4A1B, as I'm new to this thread, do you know anyone on here who got similar grades to me and got an interview/offer.

I got exactly those gcse's and I got an offer lol

Manchester want minimum 5A* and you have that plus As so you'll fine from that perspective. Just try get and get a decent UKCAT over 650/660 and you'll have a good shot if you're work experience form is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
wow, those are amazing and congrats on the offer, the ukcat cut off seems reasonable but I'm a bit worried about my GCSE's I got 5A*4A1B and I'm new to this thread so do you know anyone with similar GCSE grades getting an interview/offer.thank you. :smile:

I have 4A* 5A 2B and I got an interview :smile:
Original post by HCAssistant93
Manchester want minimum 5A* and you have that plus As so you'll fine from that perspective. Just try get and get a decent UKCAT over 650/660 and you'll have a good shot if you're work experience form is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear is a minimum of around 6As

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2A*s, 1B and 8 As and i have an offer

Good ukcat + good interview is what you need

Your gcses are definitely good enough. Just meet the UKCAT cut off and write a decent form and you're guaranteed an interview.
Reply 1596
Original post by mliela
I swear is a minimum of around 6As

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE
At least seven subjects are required at grade C or above; at least five must be at A or A*.
English Language and Mathematics are required at GCSE minimum grade B.
All applicants are expected to adhere to these GCSE requirements.
If you are resitting any GCSE subjects, you must explain the extenuating circumstances that prompted this.
Physics and Biology are required either at AS or at GCSE at minimum grade C. (Chemistry is essential at A2). If Dual Award Science or Core and Additional Science are offered, the minimum required is BB.
In Grade A requirements, the School does not currently accept Applied ICT, Applied Business, short courses or BTEC qualifications.
Original post by Ekno
GCSE
At least seven subjects are required at grade C or above; at least five must be at A or A*.
English Language and Mathematics are required at GCSE minimum grade B.
All applicants are expected to adhere to these GCSE requirements.
If you are resitting any GCSE subjects, you must explain the extenuating circumstances that prompted this.
Physics and Biology are required either at AS or at GCSE at minimum grade C. (Chemistry is essential at A2). If Dual Award Science or Core and Additional Science are offered, the minimum required is BB.
In Grade A requirements, the School does not currently accept Applied ICT, Applied Business, short courses or BTEC qualifications.

Ahh I was close enough. I was just really surprised when the other person said 5A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1598
Original post by mliela
Ahh I was close enough. I was just really surprised when the other person said 5A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah ikr
Reply 1599

Hey, I'm a gap year app who didn't apply last year (but got an offer this year) so already have my obtained Alevals but my GCSEs were similar to yours!:
GCSE's: 4A*'s 4a's 3B's
AS: AAAB
A2: A*A*A
Ukcat: 705 average

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending