The Student Room Group

Should I retake Physics practical?

So overall at AS AQA Physics I got an A, but I am on exactly an A so I have no UMS points to play with. At A2 I got a B, but my uni has requested I retake and try to get an A while I take a gap year to work (the gap year was already planned).
I am also planning on getting a physics tutor to help me from Christmas to the actual exam dates.

Now to get an A overall without retaking the practical I would need 101/120 and 100/120 UMS in unit 5 and 4. I only got a C in the practical and BB in unit 5 and 4 but I have gotten 108/120 in Unit 2 at AS so it is doable for me. (barely any revision!)
So is it worth retaking the practical which would take up more of my work holiday and be harder to revise for? I am not very good at that aspect of physics...
Thank you!
Original post by serausagi
So overall at AS AQA Physics I got an A, but I am on exactly an A so I have no UMS points to play with. At A2 I got a B, but my uni has requested I retake and try to get an A while I take a gap year to work (the gap year was already planned).
I am also planning on getting a physics tutor to help me from Christmas to the actual exam dates.

Now to get an A overall without retaking the practical I would need 101/120 and 100/120 UMS in unit 5 and 4. I only got a C in the practical and BB in unit 5 and 4 but I have gotten 108/120 in Unit 2 at AS so it is doable for me. (barely any revision!)
So is it worth retaking the practical which would take up more of my work holiday and be harder to revise for? I am not very good at that aspect of physics...
Thank you!

Well done on your overall Physics scores. If you only scored a C in the A2 Practical then it would be worth retaking to try and get a better grade and bring your overall grades up. How did you do in your AS Practical? perhaps you could gain a few UMS points there too?

You are able to sit your AS Physics Practical and A2 Physics Practical as a private candidate with LearnOnline (meaning you only have to pay for the practical sessions) We are running an AS Physics Practical Workshop and an A2 Physics Practical Workshop in Spring 2016 for students who wish to improve their grades.

If you want to get better grades, the practical is usually where most people perform the worst ( as it is hard to revise/practice for )

Good luck

Matt - LearnOnline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending