The Student Room Group

How to drop out of university

Like the title says. I'm wondering how to do this without having to go there as it's far away. I contacted the head of my year by email who wanted to arrange for a meeting, but due to the costs of travelling there and back as well as knowing what I would be told. I replied stating I would like to drop out. I then checked my university email to see if it was still working, and it was being updated.

So is there a process for making it certain that I am leaving? Thanks.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Like the title says. I'm wondering how to do this without having to go there as it's far away. I contacted the head of my year by email who wanted to arrange for a meeting, but due to the costs of travelling there and back as well as knowing what I would be told. I replied stating I would like to drop out. I then checked my university email to see if it was still working, and it was being updated.

So is there a process for making it certain that I am leaving? Thanks.

I would call the university department and ask to withdraw from the course, have you enrolled yet?
Original post by claireestelle
I would call the university department and ask to withdraw from the course, have you enrolled yet?

If you mean enrolled as in for this year, then no.
If you mean enrolled as in for this year, then no.

Yeah I did, if you've not enrolled yet then I believe it effects your tuition fee liability so they might not expect any cash from you until then, bare in mind you might need to find a replacement for your accomodation it depends on your contract really.
Yeah I did, if you've not enrolled yet then I believe it effects your tuition fee liability so they might not expect any cash from you until then, bare in mind you might need to find a replacement for your accomodation it depends on your contract really.

Can you expand on this? I'm a little confused. Specifically the part about tuition fee liability and finding a replacement for accommodation depending on my contract. You've got me a bit worried. I informed my tutor I wished to drop out after exams in June. Received an email telling me to come in for an interview, declined and stated I wished to drop out but my email account is still active so I assumed that it hadn't been cancelled. I'll contact the university tomorrow, but I'm just really confused as it seems my head of year just ignored my email.
Can you expand on this? I'm a little confused. Specifically the part about tuition fee liability and finding a replacement for accommodation depending on my contract. You've got me a bit worried. I informed my tutor I wished to drop out after exams in June. Received an email telling me to come in for an interview, declined and stated I wished to drop out but my email account is still active so I assumed that it hadn't been cancelled. I'll contact the university tomorrow, but I'm just really confused as it seems my head of year just ignored my email.

My apologises are you a second year or above? (had it in my head you would be a first year, so sorry about that)
I think you should just get hold of your head of school or student support and drop out through them if your tutor hasn't helped.
My apologises are you a second year or above? (had it in my head you would be a first year, so sorry about that)
I think you should just get hold of your head of school or student support and drop out through them if your tutor hasn't helped.

I'm second year. Out of curiosity, if this wasn't done would I be eligible to pay for tuition fees? I cancelled my student finance application after exams, and accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending