The Student Room Group

Nursing numeracy test

I'm sure this question has probably been asked numerous times but does anybody know what this consists of? I understand it's like level 2 maths, can you use calculators?

I am not very good at maths and this really panics me if I can't use a calculator, I will most likely not do very well without one!

thanks in advance.
Original post by leelou905
I'm sure this question has probably been asked numerous times but does anybody know what this consists of? I understand it's like level 2 maths, can you use calculators?

I am not very good at maths and this really panics me if I can't use a calculator, I will most likely not do very well without one!

thanks in advance.

No you cannot use a calculator.
To get into university some will have you sit a maths exam which is basic simple mental arithmetic. Then if you get in, the maths exams focus on drug calculations and converting from one unit of measurement to another.
It isn't too hard so don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leelou905

thanks in advance.

The math exams are GCSE level.

Some universities allow people to use calculators and others don't. You would have to check with the uni on that.

They're basic maths such as multiplications, divisions, adding, subtracting, percentages, ratios, time, conversions and fractions. Sometimes, they add some drug calculation questions in it as well.

I'm not a pro at maths myself lol. But with constant practice and additional support, I managed to get far with these tests.

You can do it!!!!!! Don't doubt yourself.

Practice using BBC bitesize, NHS Snap etc.

Also, look for some examples of the numeracy tests online as well.

All the best!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending