The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Computing F454 Advice

I am taking A2 Computing this year due to receiving a B in it this year. I didnt believe I would have done so well but pulled it out of the bag. I have however become really worried about the project part of my course as I am not quite sure what I am allowed to do. My teacher suggested Making a system in which teachers can search up pupils and put detentions on their record online which they can check as well as merits (award points) and other praise and use these to calculate a student of the month. I have read however that it is difficult to get high marks with database responses and as I am aiming for a B I am not sure what to do. I chose this project as I am not sure I will be able to create anything like a game and my teacher said he will teach me to make my idea so I can do it but I dont want to end up with a D,E or a U as I have already resat a year and am hoping to get a B overall so I can go to a good Uni.Does anyone have any experiences which would help me and also do you believe I can get above a C with my idea.Also I found an exemplar answer with a similar idea online which has me worried as my project may be disqualified for plagiarism. Any replies are appreciated
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 3
I saw this but apart from maybe putting in a time managed detention system which sends emails the day before detention I dont think there is much I can change. I was wondering whether I can access the maybe top 4 grades with this idea though as I really have no idea whether this is ok to do and also whether plagiarism will be a problem as I will not be copying any of the actual persons project but the idea is quite similar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending