The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Sagentia STEM bursary help!

Ok so I have to fill in a form to apply for the Sagentia STEM bursary and one of the questions is "Why do you deserve this bursary?" and I have no idea what to say from it apart from the usual "It will help me focus on my studies thing because I won't have to rely so much on money from a part time job..." My answer can't be over 150 words either so it's not an essay. As far as I can tell, they haven't given any particular criteria for applicants to fulfil other than actually completing the form and being a STEM student.
Any help would be awesome. Thanks :smile:
Original post by PirateEmily
Ok so I have to fill in a form to apply for the Sagentia STEM bursary and one of the questions is "Why do you deserve this bursary?" and I have no idea what to say from it apart from the usual "It will help me focus on my studies thing because I won't have to rely so much on money from a part time job..." My answer can't be over 150 words either so it's not an essay. As far as I can tell, they haven't given any particular criteria for applicants to fulfil other than actually completing the form and being a STEM student.
Any help would be awesome. Thanks :smile:

Hmm, I wouldn't mention that - I'm not sure if that's what they're after. It seems pretty tough.

Here, it says that they 'aim to support the development of science and engineering skills in the UK' and it looks like that's all there is to go on. I would suggest saying like it giving you the opportunity to build on those skills and the scheme itself will give you a chance of putting those skill to use through funding and placements.

I had a similar question when applying for a similar bursary last year. I don't remember saying anything profound, but still made it to the interview stages, so don't worry too much :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest