The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sturridge isn't going to last long under Klopp tbh, his legs will slowly turn to jelly after each training session.
Original post by samir12
Sturridge isn't going to last long under Klopp tbh, his legs will slowly turn to jelly after each training session.

I think the connection between heavy metal training and Sturidge's fragility is far fetched.

The reason for the latest knock was because of some collision with Ibe. Strange as it may sound but Sturdige actually survived Klops's methods on that day.

And tbh Ibe looks like he can stop a bull dozer.
Reply 1182
Original post by Sonovaduck
Here's a discussion guys. Should we sell Sturridge? When you look at it, it's not out of the question...

http://tbrfootball.com/liverpool-consider-selling-daniel-sturridge/

When he plays, his goals per game is almost as good any striker bar Messi or Ronaldo so we should keep him just for that. We won't be able to replace him with a better striker anyway.
Original post by kuks
When he plays, his goals per game is almost as good any striker bar Messi or Ronaldo so we should keep him just for that. We won't be able to replace him with a better striker anyway.

Lewandoski??!
The Sterling thing is ridiculous from Ward. Just him taking pot shots at a bloke who is now out of a job. Very sad to see the way this has all ended up, especially when his client went on record earlier this season saying how beneficial working with Rodgers had been for him and his game.
Original post by mr tim
Pearce saying we have a recall option for Markovic in Jan.

Honestly I think we should do it and at the same time send Ibe out on loan.

I feel that Klopp could help Markovic show his talent and I reckon he might actually play him in the right position too...
Original post by Alex5133
Honestly I think we should do it and at the same time send Ibe out on loan.

I feel that Klopp could help Markovic show his talent and I reckon he might actually play him in the right position too...

Up for some Fifa m8?
Markovic needs more aggression in his game before he succeeds in the PL, though. I'm unsure that he'd get a starting berth out wide for us over Ings (who, admittedly, is injured) or Firmino.

Really excited for tomorrow night. I'm sitting in the Kop for Klopp's Anfield debut. Lovely.
Original post by Mackay
Really excited for tomorrow night. I'm sitting in the Kop for Klopp's Anfield debut. Lovely.

Same, block 105 :biggrin:
So apparently it was Markovic reps who thought that we can recall him in Jan. LFC thinks they can't hence he'll stay in Turkey according to Pearce.

EDIT: Barrett saying it's not possible to recall a player from season-long loan from a foregin club And also confirms LFC don't have an option to recall Markovic.

EDIT2: Paul Joyce also confirms we can't recall Markovic.
(edited 8 years ago)
No Sturridge tomorrow but Lovren, Benteke and Firmino are in contention. Owners will also be present.
Original post by Alex5133
Literally nobody would be stupid enough to buy him.

The guy is near world-class on form but you cannot depend on him.
Would anyone be surprised if Klopp bought a new first striker in the summer?

Well let's disregard foreign clubs as English players don't go abroad

City - He's a City youth product and left there on a bad note
Chelsea - He's been there and didn't play
Arsenal - Don't need him/Wenger wouldn't pay the wages
United - Don't do business with Liverpool

Spurs would go for him I reckon.
Original post by sr90

I suppose Spurs would consider him a replacement for Kane, although they're pretty impressive in keeping their best players. I really don't know how they still have Lloris and Eriksen....

But like you said before, would Liverpool sell Sturridge for anything under 30m?
That's the problem. He's too good to leave out of the team when fit, but that means we can't buy a new striker and guarantee him a place while we still have Benteke too.
Good to see Klopp taking an interest in the youngsters, and speaking up for Rossiter today.

Three games in five days at such a tender age is a farce. The FA need to be protecting our youngsters, not exposing them to such hard yards so early on in a fledgling career.
Original post by mr tim
No Sturridge tomorrow but Lovren, Benteke and Firmino are in contention. Owners will also be present.

That Napoli game where JW Henry showed up at Anfield for the first time :awesome:

Original post by sr90

Why would we sell to Spurs? I think Sturridge may just stay for a while. Probably will stay at Liverpool and have a similar role to RVP for Arsenal as a crock

Original post by Mackay
Good to see Klopp taking an interest in the youngsters, and speaking up for Rossiter today.

Three games in five days at such a tender age is a farce. The FA need to be protecting our youngsters, not exposing them to such hard yards so early on in a fledgling career.

I guess he would've liked to play him in EL or have on the bench since we're already light in numbers.
Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Allen, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Benteke, Firmino, Lucas, Ibe, Randall.
--------Allen
-----Milner-Can
Lallana-------Coutinho
----------Origi

Or

----------Allen--Can
Milner-Coutinho-Lallana
-------------Origi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come on Liverpool!
A little nervous about us only having Origi up front again though.

Since we drew the first match, we really can't afford to lose this.
*sigh* :frown:
Original post by The.Joker
*sigh* :frown:

I remember how Suarez chested a goal like that :biggrin:

Very good goal.

Latest