The Student Room Group

HELP, applying to british uni from Italy-- i am rly confused

Hi I am a VERY confused italian student.
I am looking forward attending a british uni but i have nearly no idea what i need to do.
- I found out about UCAS, however my school has nothing to do w it, should i ask them (small school, they may help me) or do it by myself w the independent option?
- How do predicted grades work? I just have heard about those since i have not come to that point of the application yet.

Now, since i have not british qualifications whatsoever
-What do I do?
I have a british language certification (the FCE, but i will take the IELTS, so this wont be my top qualification anymore), i have done the SAT (planning on taking it again), 2 AP classes w 5; BUT, no diploma. And, from what i got, the italian system is VERY different. I will get the results of the "esame di stato" in july, it is the equivalent of a high school diploma.
- can i put the american qualifications as well as the italian ones?
- is the grade of the "esame di stato" going to be predicted as well?

And, In my school they simply dont give you certain grades. I can do everything but certain teachers are stuck on the idea that they will never give the top grades to anyone who is not Shakespeare or Einstein. I was looking to good level universities and now i am getting anxious/dubious about my possibilities of getting accepted. -Are british uni strict about grade requirements for international students?

-How does the point system of UCAS work with international students?
Reply 1
Original post by ellie997
Hi I am a VERY confused italian student.
I am looking forward attending a british uni but i have nearly no idea what i need to do.
- I found out about UCAS, however my school has nothing to do w it, should i ask them (small school, they may help me) or do it by myself w the independent option?
- How do predicted grades work? I just have heard about those since i have not come to that point of the application yet.

Now, since i have not british qualifications whatsoever
-What do I do?
I have a british language certification (the FCE, but i will take the IELTS, so this wont be my top qualification anymore), i have done the SAT (planning on taking it again), 2 AP classes w 5; BUT, no diploma. And, from what i got, the italian system is VERY different. I will get the results of the "esame di stato" in july, it is the equivalent of a high school diploma.
- can i put the american qualifications as well as the italian ones?
- is the grade of the "esame di stato" going to be predicted as well?

And, In my school they simply dont give you certain grades. I can do everything but certain teachers are stuck on the idea that they will never give the top grades to anyone who is not Shakespeare or Einstein. I was looking to good level universities and now i am getting anxious/dubious about my possibilities of getting accepted. -Are british uni strict about grade requirements for international students?

-How does the point system of UCAS work with international students?

You would apply as an individual. This means your school doesn't have to have already registered with UCAS. You will still need a reference, so need to ask a tutor to write this for you. This person also needs to include your predicted grades. Predicted grades are the grades your teachers think you will achieve in future exams. You need a predicted grade for each subject you will achieve a final grade for I'm not too familiar with Italian qualifications, but you ask your teacher what they think you will get. You need a predicted grade for each qualification you haven't completed yet, so this will include the esame di stato.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You would apply as an individual. This means your school doesn't have to have already registered with UCAS. You will still need a reference, so need to ask a tutor to write this for you. This person also needs to include your predicted grades. Predicted grades are the grades your teachers think you will achieve in future exams. You need a predicted grade for each subject you will achieve a final grade for I'm not too familiar with Italian qualifications, but you ask your teacher what they think you will get. You need a predicted grade for each qualification you haven't completed yet, so this will include the esame di stato.

TY :smile: the different explanations of ucas i found were not very clear about the "application as an individual" option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending