The Student Room Group

Air Canada flight diverted to save dog from freezing

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by CoolCavy
aww this is such a nice act of kindness:
An Air Canada flight was diverted after the pilot realised that a cargo hold heating unit failed, threatening the life of a pet dog.Simba, a seven-year-old French bulldog, was riding in the cargo hold where - without heating - temperatures can become very cold at high altitude.
The Sunday flight from Tel Aviv, Israel, to Toronto, Canada, and was diverted to Frankfurt, Germany.
About 200 travellers were delayed by about 75 minutes.
"The overall reaction was positive, particularly once people understood the dog was in potential danger but safe as a result of the diversion," said Peter Fitzpatrick, a spokesman for AirCanada.
Mr Fitzpatrick said that, while the heating unit is not critical to completing a journey, the pilot chose to divert the flight just before it was to head over the Atlantic Ocean to protect the life of the animal on board.
German Kontorovich, Simba's owner, was thankful for pilot's quick thinking.
"It's my dog, it's like my child. It's everything to me," Mr Kontorovich told the Canadian news website CityNews.

from BBC news

I think stories such as this are great and it is fabulous to see people so commited to ensuring the welfare of animals

Good job Air Canada x :h:

Impressive, its good that it all went ok
Reply 2
It puts a smile on my face hearing stories like this! :smile:
Reply 3
also someone would have got seriously sued if that poor doggy had died
Reply 4
Original post by CoolCavy
But a life is more important than money

yeah i'm not saying it isn't i'm being cynical. dogs are my favourite thing i'm all for him being a great guy for saving this dog.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending