The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boyyo
Currently they are ABC in Physics, Maths and Economics, but i have mocks next week which my school says can help your predcitions, so im hoping to get economics to a B, and hoefully maths to an A. Kings admissions guy said I'd get an offer with AAB( A in maths and physics). The only problem is that I got a C in maths last year because I messed up C2, so even if i get an A* in these mocks idk if it would get me an A predicition. So i could be left with ABB. But like you said Physics was in clearing last year, which I was a bit suprised by, its really hard to say whats gonna happen this time. After these mocks, if i dont get that A in maths, Im gonna speak to them and see what happens.
Ps. You know when you said that Physics places last year werent filled, what makes you think it would fill up this year?

I did not say I think it would fill. What I was trying express is that nationally in the 2014/2015 application cycle the number of applicants for physics fell significantly/ measurably compared with the 2013/2014 admission cycle. Therefore in this cycle 2015/2016 it is likely physics applications in general will rise compared with last year. Making competition for places in general harder than last year when person went to kings with an A and BB.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 181
Original post by Midgeymoo17
I did not say I think it would fill. What I was trying express is that nationally in the 2014/2015 application cycle the number of applicants for physics fell significantly/ measurably compared with the 2013/2014 admission cycle. Therefore in this cycle 2015/2016 it is likely physics applications in general will rise compared with last year. Making competition for places in general harder than last year when person went to kings with an A and BB.

Ohh yeah i see, well good luck with your applciation :smile:
Has anyone applied to business management or studying it? i want to know if i do an access course will i be able to study at kings or will i have a better chance at doing a-levels? im 19 and lets just say my academic history is very poor due personal problems. i only studied 2 gcse subjects math/english; the rest were btecs. i would love to know if i will be even considered as an applicant
I applied for Chemistry with biomedicine as my fifth choice (applying for medicine) :smile: no response yet :frown:
Applied for Maths at Kings as my fifth choice no response yet as well . 😓😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eeyore_17
I've applied for biomed engineering, anyone else? probably not, noone else seems to be haha! does anyone know if you would get something via the kings portal thing or from UCAS?

I'm applying for this course too :smile: How were your AS levels? :smile:
Sent off my application 4 days ago for English. Still waiting to hear back :crossedf:
Original post by Jillian27
I'm applying for this course too :smile: How were your AS levels? :smile:

haha I've just realised i'm talking to you too on the glasgow chat! ABBC :smile: where else you applied for?
Original post by jaseho98
Got an offer for BSc Psychology!! :smile:
Good luck to everyone else! XX

Omg congraaaatz!! Do you if i ask what prediction and AS grades have you got?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope I can one day be on here and express my joy at getting accepted. Fingers crossed.
Reply 190
Original post by TitanCream
I hope I can one day be on here and express my joy at getting accepted. Fingers crossed.

LOOL ikrrrrrr, only a few more months left till we find out
Original post by eeyore_17
haha I've just realised i'm talking to you too on the glasgow chat! ABBC :smile: where else you applied for?

I didnt realise haha :smile: Glasgow, KCL, Queen Mary London, Sheffield and City as a back up:smile: You?
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Omg congraaaatz!! Do you if i ask what prediction and AS grades have you got?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was predicted 3As :smile:

AS: A* (EPQ), A (Psych), B (Bio), B(maths), B (French) and C (Chem)

Tbh not the best set of grades, but I believe they saw something more to my application! So best of luck to you too, pm me if you have anymore of questions xx
Reply 193
Hey :smile: I am hopefully applying tomorrow for Human Biology. Is anyone else? Congrats on offers! It sounds like Kings are pretty quick thankfully.
Reply 194
I applied two weeks ago to study Geography but still no news!!
I got 10A* at GCSE and 96% UMS at AS Geography.
Has anyone received an offer for Geog yet?
Original post by J Cal

Idk about Geography, but I applied for Biochemistry more than a month ago and no feedback yet. I have a global average of 98% (with 100% in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) (I am an EU student, so it might be because of that).
Original post by EllieHeyman
Congrats! I've applied for the same course and sent my application off on Thursday. What subjects do you take and when did you send yours off?

Hey, apologies for the late reply! I sent off my application on 4 October and got my offer from King's on the 8th. Still haven't heard back from any of my other four. My subjects are Economics, English Literature, History, and Maths. What about you? :smile:
Does anyone know if the offer holders day is just for those who put KCL as their first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Original post by erloean
Does anyone know if the offer holders day is just for those who put KCL as their first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

when is offer holders day lol
Original post by J Cal

Got an offer last Wednesday with lower GCSE's than that so you should soon :smile:

Latest