The Student Room Group

Job Interview for WHSmith?!

I'm a bit late posting this because my interview is tomorrow but i am really nervous and need some advice. I applied online and within a few days received a phone call inviting me in for a one to one interview with the manager.
What will they ask me? Will the get me to do a maths test if so is it tricky?
I am going to wear:
-Black top with a necklace detail on.
-Pencil skirt
-Tights
-Small black heels (work type shoes)
and with my hair curly and natural makeup.
I'm 15 btw.
Can anyone give me a rundown on the interview and some advice because I get anxiety over stuff like this aha! And is the outfit okay?
THANK YOU
Reply 1
They will ask questions such as:
What do you know about WH smith? Do some research and know what they sell.
Tell me about yourself?
What is your biggest achievement?
Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years time?
Why WH Smith?
Tell me when you've worked in a task with a team, what did you do? - Talk about a team activity you done in school

Then some scenario questions like:
What would you do if there was a angry customer? How would you react.

Try and be calm, take deep breaths before going in. Just try your best to look really confident even if your a shy person.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kurtv
They will ask questions such as:
What do you know about WH smith? Do some research and know what they sell.
Tell me about yourself?
What is your biggest achievement?
Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years time?
Why WH Smith?
Tell me when you've worked in a task with a team, what did you do? - Talk about a team activity you done in school

Then some scenario questions like:
What would you do if there was a angry customer? How would you react.

Try and be calm, take deep breaths before going in. Just try your best to look really confident even if your a shy person.

Thanks for this but she literally asked one of these and it was the teamwork one. I was as confident as I could be, researched the company a bit and answered her questions but she just had a print out of some questions and went through them like a checklist and nothing was really about why i wanted the job or why they should hire me just more scenarios and stuff like that. very fast but i'm not feeling too good about it because she wants immediate work and its my birthday this weekend and im going to london the next soooo....we'll see !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending