The Student Room Group

Im so short and it really upsets me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ubisoft
Yeah I wish I was 6'3

lol same i guess
Original post by Anonymous
the only problem with that is those girls instantly rush off to the taller guys :wink:

Tbh you want the girls that look past height, I mean there is this ridiculously hot guy who must be about your height at my school and if I could then I 100% would, dimensions are probably better anyway :rofl:
Original post by liquity
Tbh you want the girls that look past height, I mean there is this ridiculously hot guy who must be about your height at my school and if I could then I 100% would, dimensions are probably better anyway :rofl:

well then i wish you luck with him :wink: dimensions?
are you serious

Yes: he's a rare form of sentient, prehensile tree.
well then i wish you luck with him :wink: dimensions?

He wouldn't look twice at a lowly ginger like me :') and you know, doing the do :P
I grew 4.5 inches after my 16th birthday so I'd say there's a chance you're not quite done yet. Still, being short isn't the end of the world!
Your 16 , you will grow , drink milk etc. I know height is based mostly on genes and as your parents are at around your height , it does limit your opt height. But , i grew from 5ft 10 to 6ft 2 , in 3 years , so it's possible.
hey guys,

I've recently turned 16, I'm a guy and I'm like 5'4. ahhhhh it sucks so much, all my friends are like 5'8+ and its unbelievably frustrating... my mum always says ill grow but I've become so fed up with everything, its really affecting my confidence

my dad is 5'8 and my mum is around 5'2, I just hope i get to the same height as my dad :frown:( I haven't really spurted, like my friends look noticeably taller over the summer and here I am still looking like a 12 year old.

supposedly my dad grew a fair amount after 16 but it just sucks so much i just ugh

anyone got anything to say/advise/help?

I am just one year older and I am 5"5, it bothered me until I started to wear Jordans, Air maxs etc. which really make you look at least 2 inches taller. Oh, and DO NOT SMOKE as it may prevent you from growing.
Original post by ubisoft
Yeah it sucks, I'm only 5'11 :frown:

i know them feels bro. i'm 6'1 but all my mates are 6'2, i feel like they don't respect me as much because of it :frown:
Original post by Celebi899
That isn't entirely true, me and my brother are head and shoulders above our parents, with only one brother the same height as them

Posted from TSR Mobile

well you guys give me a lot of confidence, my dad supposedly grew a lot after 16 according to my grandma who i am slightly doubting, who knows, i will update you in a few years of where i get to😂
Original post by liquity
He wouldn't look twice at a lowly ginger like me :':wink: and you know, doing the do :P

gingers<3 nothing wrong with one at all
Original post by Celebi899
That isn't entirely true, me and my brother are head and shoulders above our parents, with only one brother the same height as them

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am roughly 3-4 inches taller than my father , although genes do play a role , so do environmental factors. He will grow regardless tho.
gingers<3 nothing wrong with one at all

We're super fab but highly discriminated against :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest