The Student Room Group

Realistic Prep For The Army?

So a change of direction in my life is occurring and I have decided I want to work towards joining the Army. However everywhere I look I cant find any real people talking about how they prepared for the army and how they found it. I am interested in peoples stories and just want a bit more information and a realistic goal I should set myself to prepare before applying. Im not really in the best of shape and definitely will improve on this! But what about the mental side?

All help is welcome! (:
Original post by swingle
So a change of direction in my life is occurring and I have decided I want to work towards joining the Army. However everywhere I look I cant find any real people talking about how they prepared for the army and how they found it. I am interested in peoples stories and just want a bit more information and a realistic goal I should set myself to prepare before applying. Im not really in the best of shape and definitely will improve on this! But what about the mental side?

All help is welcome! (:

Not sure how it works for the army but in the RAF you can normally go and visit units and talk to serving personnel, I'd recommend getting in touch with your nearest army unit to enquire about visiting, or the nearest unit which has personnel doing the role you wish to apply for. There is also an army recruiter who uses this forum who may be able to help.

Also, the army rumour network arrse is full of ex/serving army pers, maybe give that website a look?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest