The Student Room Group

mental health nurse with tattoos?

Hey,

Im currently a 2nd year student mental health nurse and im looking at going into CAMHS when graduating. However, id love to get a tattoo on the lower inner arm. Ive wanted it for years but ive never had the money to have it.

Due to wanting a job in CAMHS im unsure as to whether it will hinder me getting a job there. I was looking for advice on whether MH Nurses are allowed tattoos and which kind of jobs are more accepting of them?
Hi, I've spoken to mental health nurses in the NE that had tattoos (clearly visible aswell). I've even spoken to a psychologist with a hand tatoo, so from my experience it should be fine. But if I were you I'd phone the CAMHS service near you and consult them just to be certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the psychiatrists, psych nurses and therapists I've seen (and there are almost definitely over 20 by now) have dressed in kinda smart-casual clothes so you could probably cover your lower arms and no-one would know anyway. I'm pretty sure the bare-below-the-elbow rule only applies for infection control which isn't a huge deal in mental health.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending