The Student Room Group

Bangor Nursing Interview Help

I've gotten an invitation for an interview next week at Bangor University for Mental Health Nursing and was wondering if anyone else has done one of these? I'd like to know what to expect :smile:
Original post by beansforkidneys
I've gotten an invitation for an interview next week at Bangor University for Mental Health Nursing and was wondering if anyone else has done one of these? I'd like to know what to expect :smile:

Hi, I recently did a healthcare interview, so I hope I can help a bit. You'll probably get asked the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a mental health nurse?
- What do you think the role of a mental health nurse is?
- Why do you want to be a mental health nurse over a different type of nurse?
- What qualities do you think a mental health nurse needs? (Attention to detail, communication skills, teamwork, ability to work under pressure, empathy and compassion, etc)
- What qualities do you think you have that would help you as a mental health nurse?

I was asked about my support network, so you might want to think about that. Also, look at the 6Cs of healthcare and integrate them into your answers. Look at the NMC code and learn the basic concepts. It might be worth looking into consent and confidentiality as well. You may get asked scenario questions - Have a look online for some so you have a rough idea about them.

Read this:
- https://www.bangor.ac.uk/health-sciences/courses/prereg/interview-nursing.php.en

Hope this helps and best of luck with your interview!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Iosifina05
Hi, I recently did a healthcare interview, so I hope I can help a bit. You'll probably get asked the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a mental health nurse?
- What do you think the role of a mental health nurse is?
- Why do you want to be a mental health nurse over a different type of nurse?
- What qualities do you think a mental health nurse needs? (Attention to detail, communication skills, teamwork, ability to work under pressure, empathy and compassion, etc)
- What qualities do you think you have that would help you as a mental health nurse?

I was asked about my support network, so you might want to think about that. Also, look at the 6Cs of healthcare and integrate them into your answers. Look at the NMC code and learn the basic concepts. It might be worth looking into consent and confidentiality as well. You may get asked scenario questions - Have a look online for some so you have a rough idea about them.

Read this:
- https://www.bangor.ac.uk/health-sciences/courses/prereg/interview-nursing.php.en

Hope this helps and best of luck with your interview!

Thanks so much for this!! I actually got an offer from them a week after my interview!!
Thanks so much for this!! I actually got an offer from them a week after my interview!!

Hi @beansforkidneys

Great to hear you have been offered a place, congratulations :smile: Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Sera

Congratulations!
Original post by Iosifina05
Congratulations!

Thanks!
Reply 6
Thanks so much for this!! I actually got an offer from them a week after my interview!

Hi do you remember any of the questions they asked you 😫

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending