The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Offer for law?

For law, Will Bristol ever divert from their offer of AAA? Like if an applicant was amazing, would they ever lower the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
They rarely have a need as they get so many applicants.
They do however do contextual offers if one went to a lower performing school - not sure exactly how much lower they are though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Inazuma
They rarely have a need as they get so many applicants.
They do however do contextual offers if one went to a lower performing school - not sure exactly how much lower they are though.
The lower offer is AAB and your school or college has to be on a list found on the law degree page

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Well that flopped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
No. Their offer will always be either AAA or A*AB (the second being alternative).

You will get an AAB offer if you're going to one of the 40% worst-preforming schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
There is a new course this year - Social Policy with Criminology - http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2016/social-policy/bsc-social-policy-with-criminology/
Admissions requirement is lower than for Law - ABB (or BBB for contextual offers).
I'm a first year at Bristol for Law and `I got a AAB offer last year due to 'contextual reasons'....who knew my sixth was rated so ****. (Not that it mattered in the end because I would made the standard offer)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending