The Student Room Group

I'm the ugly friend at uni. Feelsbadman.

Scroll to see replies

If that's the case then stop introducing girls to him and be your own wingman. Or maybe get a guy who is uglier than you to be your wingman.
Original post by jay2013
If that's the case then stop introducing girls to him and be your own wingman. Or maybe get a guy who is uglier than you to be your wingman.

Seeing as we're good mates now it's quite hard to just stop going out with him but I'm still in the process of making freindships so the latter is a possibility.

Original post by Mankytoes
I think people are indulging you a bit, by feeling sorry for yourself, and designating yourself as "the ugly friend" is only going to make it worse in your head. Your mate is doing well, it isn't a competition, if you're confident you'll get your share of girls.

If you don't like doing the wingman thing, I don't think you're obliged if he pulls this easily.

I've gone out with plenty of mates who get more female attention, but I don't really view it like you do, if you can approach girls, be interesting and make them laugh you've always got a chance.

This sort of thing is often a self fulfilling prophecy, you feel insecure about your looks, your lack of confidence puts girls off, you conclude they're all mega shallow. Trust me, I know some bang average guys who're amazing at pulling.

No just no mate. I really hate it when you get guys like this thinking they know everything.

If I was to show you a montage of the past weeks events on nights out it would all consist of girls saying "omg your accent is so cute","omg your so attractive","omg you should totally come over mine sometime". I can carry the conversation better than him and he's even admitted in better with girls than he is, but even when I follow up with girls I've previously met they all turn towards him and I end up being the outlier.

Your making the assumption that I'm insecure and unconfident but your wrong, I've had my fair share of attention and can pull if I'm willing to put in work but it's just makes things harder when you have a mate who could be a model who eclipses most of your interactions. We've both got our fair share of numbers but the girls at least text him back.

Imagine christiano Ronaldo and a below average looking bloke go on a night out, of course the latter could get success if he's willing to graft but it would be harder if Ronaldo happens to be a close mate.
Original post by Anonymous

No just no mate. I really hate it when you get guys like this thinking they know everything.

If I was to show you a montage of the past weeks events on nights out it would all consist of girls saying "omg your accent is so cute","omg your so attractive","omg you should totally come over mine sometime". I can carry the conversation better than him and he's even admitted in better with girls than he is, but even when I follow up with girls I've previously met they all turn towards him and I end up being the outlier.

Your making the assumption that I'm insecure and unconfident but your wrong, I've had my fair share of attention and can pull if I'm willing to put in work but it's just makes things harder when you have a mate who could be a model who eclipses most of your interactions. We've both got our fair share of numbers but the girls at least text him back.

Imagine christiano Ronaldo and a below average looking bloke go on a night out, of course the latter could get success if he's willing to graft but it would be harder if Ronaldo happens to be a close mate.

I don't think I "know everything", I just have experience in this.

It's not an assumption, you've called yourself ugly in the title. That is insecurity.

It sounds more like you idolise this guy than any of the girls! You clearly go in with the attitude that he's so amazing, no girl could prefer you. Girls can sense that sort of thing.

I used to have your attitude, it's all frame of mind. You've got to see girls as individuals, they've got different preferences. You mention Ronaldo- some women genuinely aren't attracted to him. I know you can't just magic up confidence, you need to stay out there, get some success, and build on it. But you've got to get over the inferiority complex.

I know you'll probably get defensive again, that's fine, just please think about it. And good luck to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending