The Student Room Group

Will I get into uni?

The course want to get into requires you have a B in GCSE Maths but I only have a C, I meet all the other requirements and my grades meet the A*AB or AAA to get into the course, I'm really worried.
As it's GCSEs they may be more lenient but it depends on the uni. I would email them.
Original post by eleanor182
The course want to get into requires you have a B in GCSE Maths but I only have a C, I meet all the other requirements and my grades meet the A*AB or AAA to get into the course, I'm really worried.

You will be at a disadvantage without that B, but email your course department and ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Universities are much less lenient about GCSE grades than they are A levels, most of the time. If they have specified a grade above the standard pass, then they have determined that that is the level that is required to succeed on the course and your chances of an offer are low. Can you resit this summer?

What A-levels did you do? And What course are you applying for?

If the course is not a maths related you'll be fine. But I agree with these guys, contact the university either by email or if you're confident give them a call, you'll be surprised - if you're polite and charismatic on the phone you'll be more likely to get into the uni.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by king0vdarkness
What A-levels did you do? And What course are you applying for?

If the course is not a maths related you'll be fine. But I agree with these guys, contact the university either by email or if you're confident give them a call, you'll be surprised - if you're polite and charismatic on the phone you'll be more likely to get into the uni.

Hope this helps. :smile:

I don't think it matters how you contact them lol they won't be more likely to accept you because you sounded charismatic :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest