The Student Room Group

A-levels and other prep for Land Economy at Cambridge

Hi, I'm a year 12 student and I'd like to know if my A-levels and my GCSE grades (and other academic/extracurricular interests) are good enough to get me a shot at Land Economy.

I'm doing Economics, Maths, Eng lang and lit, Sociology and History at AS. Predicted all As. I'll be dropping English next year and I'm probably going to end up with 2A*s and 2As.

I've got 4 A*S, 2 As and 3 Bs (sent 3 subjects off for re-val, so fingers crossed this gets better) for my GCSEs.

I love economic geography and read a lot of books on economics, the environment and urban planning and so on.

Do I have a fighting chance?
Original post by futurestarlord
Hi, I'm a year 12 student and I'd like to know if my A-levels and my GCSE grades (and other academic/extracurricular interests) are good enough to get me a shot at Land Economy.

I'm doing Economics, Maths, Eng lang and lit, Sociology and History at AS. Predicted all As. I'll be dropping English next year and I'm probably going to end up with 2A*s and 2As.

I've got 4 A*S, 2 As and 3 Bs (sent 3 subjects off for re-val, so fingers crossed this gets better) for my GCSEs.

I love economic geography and read a lot of books on economics, the environment and urban planning and so on.

Do I have a fighting chance?

I think you do! Applying for the same course :smile: which college do you want to go to?
Original post by sarahjennyp
I think you do! Applying for the same course :smile: which college do you want to go to?

St Johns hopefully :':wink:
What are your A-level choices, AS grades -- if you don't mind me asking. It's just that there's such little information out there.
(edited 8 years ago)
St Johns hopefully :':wink:

OMG ME TOO! aah so cool! Do you have any idea on whether their offers are usually lower or higher? It's such a gorgeous college!
OMG ME TOO! aah so cool! Do you have any idea on whether their offers are usually lower or higher? It's such a gorgeous college!

I have no idea, unfortunately. I think it'll be the normal A*AA but i dunno because I'm doing 4 and i might be asked for 2 A*s.
What are your A level options?
I have no idea, unfortunately. I think it'll be the normal A*AA but i dunno because I'm doing 4 and i might be asked for 2 A*s.
What are your A level options?

I'm doing the IB and taking Maths, Economics and German A (for natives) as my higher levels and got predicted 40 points with 776 at HL, which technically translates to A*A*A but they count overall score as well... :/
I'm doing the IB and taking Maths, Economics and German A (for natives) as my higher levels and got predicted 40 points with 776 at HL, which technically translates to A*A*A but they count overall score as well... :/

Holy ****, that's brilliant! You've got no worries then, bruv.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending