The Student Room Group

Can I do two full A-Levels (AS+A2) in one year?

I go to sixth form and I'm taking AS English lit & lang, AS Psychology and AS theatre studies

I'm also doing German as a full AS+A2 this year off schedule (it is not my native language but I was taught by my mother from a young age and am fluent)

I was considering doing Psychology as a full AS+A2 this year by using an online distance learning course alongside my on schedule AS classes (my teacher has said that he could give me extra support)

This way I'll have two full A-Levels by the end of this year and two AS qualifications

If I did this, I could get into university already by next year as I want to go to Northumbria or Sunderland which require 280-320 UCAS points and a minimum of 2 A-Levels instead of three

I know that I'd be able to discipline myself as last year for my GCSEs I was struggling with depression and wasn't in school for months. I self taught myself them in the space of two months before the actual exams having missed many classes and still managed to get A*-B in all of my subjects.

Do you think this plan is realistic? I just really want to be done with school and be going to university as soon as possible and I think that this way it could be done.

Any advice appreciated
Yes it is. Start revising now

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing 3, so yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending