The Student Room Group

Should i meet him?

ive recently been talking to a guy online and sem to have a connection
ikno wat some guys seek online an through experience i am aware that he isnot like that

howver, the pics hes seen of me are of me but their only the highlisghts of my life, i fee as if he will be dissapointed whn e sees me although i look the sme? how do i make a good impression and look flattering? also hes not keen on showing pics of himself....

he wants to meet me??//
Not a good sign if he won't show pics of yourself.

It is a good sign that he wants to meet you though. Although given that he won't show you pictures of himself I would imagine he's very desperate so him wanting to meet you probably isn't that good of a sign.
Reply 2
He wants to meet you but doesn't share his photos?

No, no, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dontaskme1
ikno wat some guys seek online an through experience i am aware that he isnot like that

howver, the pics hes seen of me are of me but their only the highlisghts of my life, i fee as if he will be dissapointed whn e sees me although i look the sme? how do i make a good impression and look flattering? also hes not keen on showing pics of himself....

he wants to meet me??//

Well, if you're interested in meeting him, go ahead. Make sure it's in a public place, though, and I would suggest getting to know him a lot better before going anywhere private.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Well, if you're interested in meeting him, go ahead. Make sure it's in a public place, though, and I would suggest getting to know him a lot better before going anywhere private.

Bring mace is what you are saying.
Reply 5

he wants to meet me??//

Couldn't you try to make yourselves more accustomed to each other before meeting if 'first impressions' are going to be a big worry for you? I.e sending the person a few extra images of yourself (clothes on, you slag) just to say 'this is me'.

If you have used the internet to meet each other: you may as well use it as a medium to actually get to know each other too.

Really though, only meet up if you feel as though you want to; you haven't included loads of information such as how long you've been talking, etc, so just contemplate the first sentence of this paragraph for a bit.
Original post by william walker

Well, I wasn't saying that.

But now that you've said it, yeah, that wouldn't hurt.
Reply 7
One time i was chatting with a guy and he shared a picture of him, but when i showed it to friends they had seen that picture online. So as long as you know that something bad can happen you can meet him, but only in a public space.
Reply 8
Original post by william walker

Bruv, why do you appear seconds before me in every Relationship thread I post on?
Original post by Davalla
Bruv, why do you appear seconds before me in every Relationship thread I post on?

Magic. :shock:
Original post by *Stefan*
He wants to meet you but doesn't share his photos?

No, no, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This

he wants to meet me??//

Yup, get him to send you a pic first :h:

Then reverse google image search that, and make sure it is actually his...

he wants to meet me??//

Don't do it! That's really not a good idea, especially considering he won't show you himself
I would be so wary about meeting anyone online. Chances are they live a long way away so it is a lot of work to get there and if it turns out to be not worth it then you have wasted an entire day.

Ask yourself the question, do you truly trust this guy? Would you be happy to have a long distance relationship?

I would propose regular skype calls or something just so you can actually have face to face conversations safely. If you haven't given him your phone number already, don't. There are many other safer ways of verbally conversing with someone without them knowing personal details like that.

Don't put your safety at risk for someone who might not even be worth your time, might not be the person you think you've gotten to know.
Errr well as far as I'm aware the OP stated she is the one not posting totally honest pictures.... which to be honest is a warning to those who put their perfect pictures up on dating sites etc, have a few good ones, but mostly have day to day ones. I'm sick and tired of seeing woman all tarted up who you know will look nothing like that in person.

Either way if you want him to like you off the bat, invite him for a netflix and chill, get some incredibly kinky underwear on and ravage the poor lad!

More reasonably just go out for a coffee or drink, for maybe an hour or two and see how it goes. If he's willing to meet you've already done half the battle.
Something's wrong if he won't show you a picture of himself. Stay clear.
For the love of God please don't meet up with someone you have never seen before.
I would least get him to send a picture and meet in a public place, if he refuses then he is not a guy to meet.
Reply 18
Original post by bellalalaxo
Something's wrong if he won't show you a picture of himself. Stay clear.

he only takes side pics :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending