The Student Room Group

My biology teacher is not willing to help

Hi guys,
I don't normally post anything on thestudentroom, but this time, I am very desperate. Basically, my biology teacher is giving extra work to other people in my class, but when I ask she refuses to to give it to me and makes up a silly excuse. I got an A in GCSE Biology and the other girl that gets extra work got an A*.
Original post by Dakterite
Hi guys,
I don't normally post anything on thestudentroom, but this time, I am very desperate. Basically, my biology teacher is giving extra work to other people in my class, but when I ask she refuses to to give it to me and makes up a silly excuse. I got an A in GCSE Biology and the other girl that gets extra work got an A*.

Ask the other girl if you can see the work? Stop replying on the teacher to give you work and find resources online or textbooks? I don't think you can force a teacher to give you extra work
Original post by RiahDawson
Ask the other girl if you can see the work? Stop replying on the teacher to give you work and find resources online or textbooks? I don't think you can force a teacher to give you extra work

Its a teachers job to cater for their students, there should not be any form of favouritism in the classroom. But yes OP try to look online there are a lot of resources, if not then you could ask the person who gets extra work to photocopy it for you? Its a shame your teacher is acting this way, maybe there is a valid reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
But the thing is the girl would not tell me or anyone else any information or advice that teacher gives her. It's because she wants to apply for the same university course that me (Medicine) so she doesn't want anyone else to be in a better position if you get what I mean
Reply 4
Original post by RiahDawson

Do you think if I kept staying after Biology lessons and kept on asking about it she would change her mind? Or would I make the situation even worse?
Original post by Dakterite
Do you think if I kept staying after Biology lessons and kept on asking about it she would change her mind? Or would I make the situation even worse?

Tbh I would just practice your exam technique and exam questions. This would be more beneficial. And that is a shame that girl must be very competitive, or just rude. Just have a talk with your teacher say you are applying for medicine too and would like additional work when your teacher can give it. I wouldn't overly nag your teacher though, you really dont want a teacher who doesnt like you, it will just make for an uncomfortable experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest