The Student Room Group

predicted grades

hey
I am a little scared about my predicted grades and I haven't got them yet but I have received some of my test scores back and from there I can figure out what I am going to get but I am not sure I am going to get the grades that I need which is AAA.
I wanted to ask if I convince my teachers to somehow predict the grades that I need will they be willing to do so?
Original post by kjnbjbjbjobj
hey
I am a little scared about my predicted grades and I haven't got them yet but I have received some of my test scores back and from there I can figure out what I am going to get but I am not sure I am going to get the grades that I need which is AAA.
I wanted to ask if I convince my teachers to somehow predict the grades that I need will they be willing to do so?

It really depends on what your teachers think you are going to get. They may be willing to put your grades up by 1 grade, but anything more is very unlikely. I was able to get the predicted grades I wanted by speaking to my teachers, so it is definitely worth trying but it is not a guarantee.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
It really depends on what your teachers think you are going to get. They may be willing to put your grades up by 1 grade, but anything more is very unlikely. I was able to get the predicted grades I wanted by speaking to my teachers, so it is definitely worth trying but it is not a guarantee.

did you get predicted one grade up or more?
if you don't mind me asking :smile:

thank you
did you get predicted one grade up or more?
if you don't mind me asking :smile:

thank you

I was going to be predicted a B for RS but I was able to get it moved up to an A, as for biology I don't know what they were going to put but I managed to get an A as well. For geography I was predicted a B and that's the grade I wanted. I'm not sure if this helps.
hey

It is down to the teachers what they predict. They are meant to predict what they believe you will achieve. There is a totally incorrect policy in some schools to predict higher. This is the reason why the vast majority of students dont achieve their predicted grades and have brought the whole system into disrepute.

Even if your school ups your predicted grades and you get an offer that is only half the problem. You then have to achieve those grades in the actual exam so falsifying predicted grades proves pointless. You need to apply to places where you have a chance of achieving the grades rather than trying to get your teachers to act unprofessionally just to get you offers.

Quick Reply

Latest