Visit website

Royal Holloway Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Course: Music
A-Level Grades: A*A*BB
A-Level Subjects: History, Biology, Music, Geography
IGCSEs: 8A*, 2A's
Other: grade 8 flute distinction, play in 4 orchestras, head girl, house captain, etc
I'm on a gap year (doing some volunteer work in Sri Lanka and working on my LTCL flute and grade 8 theory) so I already have my grades but I haven't had anything but acknowledgements since I applied on the 14th...
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by katiecsmith1998
Course: English Lit and Creative Writing
A2-Level Predicted Grades: A*AAA
A2-Level Subjects: English Lit, History, Drama, Italian
AS-Level Grades: AABB
AS-Level Subjects: English Lit, History, Drama, Italian
GCSEs: 10A*, Dist*, 1A, 1B
Other: I haven't had an email from Royal Holloway to acknowledge my application yet; should I be concerned?

I got an offer for Law with no acknowledgement, don't seem to hurry to send acknowledgements.
I never did received an acknowledgement from RHUL, but have just received an email (in my junk folder!) about the submission of a creative writing portfolio by the 10th December. :smile:
Out of interest has anyone received any English offers yet?

I sent my application off 4 weeks ago as of this Wednesday, but they didn't acknowledge it till two weeks after..
Hopefully the 'we aim to reply in 4 weeks' applies to when I sent it, constantly checking their tracking website 😅😅
Original post by charleethompson
Out of interest has anyone received any English offers yet?

I sent my application off 4 weeks ago as of this Wednesday, but they didn't acknowledge it till two weeks after..
Hopefully the 'we aim to reply in 4 weeks' applies to when I sent it, constantly checking their tracking website 😅😅

Hiya!
I haven't heard about anyone receiving offers for English yet :frown: What is their tracking website? Is this like their own portal? How do you log on to it? :smile:
[QUOTE=RebeccaTheWhovia;60192021]Hiya!
I haven't heard about anyone receiving offers for English yet :frown: What is their tracking website? Is this like their own portal? How do you log on to it? :smile:

It's just a single webpage, not an actual site like some of the others. In my confirmation email they gave me a student number to use as login, but you can also use your UCAS number you've already been issued and use for UCAS track.
It's just called Royal Holloway Status Checker :smile:
Hope this helps!
Just got through an offer! So so happy!!
UCAS has updated but not their own system?
Just got through an offer! So so happy!!
UCAS has updated but not their own system?

Same, I've received one for English through Track but not RHUL Portal or whatever that is! What other unis did you apply for?
[QUOTE=Jayd Shah;60202027]Same, I've received one for English through Track but not RHUL Portal or whatever that is! What other unis did you apply for?

Congratulations! Was it conditional or unconditional? their portal has finally updated for me :smile:

KCL (Offer AAA), Durham, Oxford, Birmingham

What about you?
So happy with the offer though, I love RHUL's modules & the place in general
Congratulations! Was it conditional or unconditional? their portal has finally updated for me :smile:

KCL (Offer AAA), Durham, Oxford, Birmingham

What about you?
So happy with the offer though, I love RHUL's modules & the place in general

SAME I love RH so much! It's my second choice! :-) My others are Sheffield (offer ABB), Cambridge (interview already, since international!), Exeter, and Warwick! I really wanted to try out KCL but then the cost of living in London PLUS international fees were too much ahahah
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
I never did received an acknowledgement from RHUL, but have just received an email (in my junk folder!) about the submission of a creative writing portfolio by the 10th December. :smile:

Yay, knew you didn't need to panic over the acknowledgement email thing!
I've not heard anything for English yet
I received an offer yesterday for Psychology.

Anyone been invited to an applicant visit day? They mentioned it in an email to me, but nothing else.
Reply 73
Just got an unconditional for History and Music :biggrin:
Reply 74
got an offer for philosophy!!
got an offer for ba geography 2 hours after receiving an acknowledgement email from them, i'm shocked haha, really happy :biggrin:
Reply 76
Original post by babooshkat
got an offer for ba geography 2 hours after receiving an acknowledgement email from them, i'm shocked haha, really happy :biggrin:

They did the same with me, I guess they might not have that many applications for geography yet so they can deal with each one really quickly :smile: what are your predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by KikiB17
They did the same with me, I guess they might not have that many applications for geography yet so they can deal with each one really quickly :smile: what are your predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking?

true, it was amazingly quick though, im glad i got my application in early. my predicted grades are AAA (got aaab at AS), you? nice to meet another ba geog applicant haha :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by babooshkat
true, it was amazingly quick though, im glad i got my application in early. my predicted grades are AAA (got aaab at AS), you? nice to meet another ba geog applicant haha :smile:

I know, I've come across very few people who are applying for geography. I didn't sit my AS exams as I was in hospital so I'm sitting AS and A2 together this year but I'm predicted A*AA (and an A in EPQ) where else are you applying? :smile:
Original post by KikiB17
I know, I've come across very few people who are applying for geography. I didn't sit my AS exams as I was in hospital so I'm sitting AS and A2 together this year but I'm predicted A*AA (and an A in EPQ) where else are you applying? :smile:

oh wow, those are some really good predicted grades! (i forgot to mention i'm doing epq too, haha). sorry to hear you were in hospital :frown:. i'm applying to ucl, southampton, kings and queen mary's (i like london a lot lol), haven't heard anything from them yet though as my ucas was only sent last thursday. what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending