The Student Room Group

Tell her my feelings, or bottle them up?

Ok, so I've had a crush on a girl at my school for 3 years now, and we've become really good friends over he past two years, we've been out together once, but this is the difficult part. I'm not sure at all whether to just straight up tell her my feelings towards her or bottle them up a little longer. Please help!
Why wouldn't you? Unrequited love, trust me, is much worse, than rejection. You'll never know if you don't ask - you'd be stupid not to, if you have true feelings for this person, tell them, don't let go of this - unique experiences only happen once in life. You'll feel better either way. Just. Do it. Ask her, and tell me what she says.

50/50 chance by the way.
Go for it, if you don't ask you won't know.
Maybe option c) - ask her out again and see how that goes?
Original post by Turtlebunny
Why wouldn't you? Unrequited love, trust me, is much worse, than rejection. You'll never know if you don't ask - you'd be stupid not to, if you have true feelings for this person, tell them, don't let go of this - unique experiences only happen once in life. You'll feel better either way. Just. Do it. Ask her, and tell me what she says.

50/50 chance by the way.

Isn't unrequited love practically the same as rejection? It's also not 50/50 at all that would be if she were to respond randomly but that obviously isn't the case.

But… yeah, fokin' do it, OP!

(edited 8 years ago)
I had this dilemma over the past two years...and earlier this year I finally decided to tell him my feelings. We didn't end up together but at least he knows it (or knew it). I still like him now, but I don't think we will ever meet each other again. But then, I have no regrets.. I have done my best.

Three years isn't a short time period. Bottling up just makes life much miserable for yourself and yes, confessing can lead to heartbreak, but at least say 10 years later you know you won't be blaming yourself for not taking a move.
Original post by endian chief
ok, so i've had a crush on a girl at my school for 3 years now, and we've become really good friends over he past two years, we've been out together once, but this is the difficult part. I'm not sure at all whether to just straight up tell her my feelings towards her or bottle them up a little longer. Please help!

tell herrrrr
Life is short. Tell her how you feel, it's a risk but you might win.
3 years...
Do it m8, just doooo it! At least then you'd have tried to do something about it.
Perhaps you don't want to express them without restraint, but you could say something like, "I've grown rather fond of you over the past three years. Would you like to have dinner with me this weekend?"

I mean, you want her to know how you feel, but you don't want to seem too intense.
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe option c) - ask her out again and see how that goes?

I should be meeting up with her on Sunday, so I'll try it, then depending on what happens I'll tell her
Reply 12
Original post by Endian Chief
I should be meeting up with her on Sunday, so I'll try it, then depending on what happens I'll tell her

Oh, for Heaven's sake, you're making excuses already!

Just. Do. It.

Regrets for what you never did last for ever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending