The Student Room Group

Student finance paid wrong account

So I might have mistyped a digit in my account number and my money has gone else where, sfe are saying I'll definitely get the money back but it'll take a while, has anyone else had to deal with this? Is there anything I should be doing?
Hello Blackunicorn20,

Once the payment is returned to us which can take up to 14 working days then we can pay this to you.

Have you already updated the bank details to the correct account with us?

Thanks
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hello Blackunicorn20,

Once the payment is returned to us which can take up to 14 working days then we can pay this to you.

Have you already updated the bank details to the correct account with us?

Thanks

Hey, it's been about 14 days now but they said it could take up to month as they think it's gone into a live account but yes I have updated my account.
Okay so in that case, we would send a Payment Trace to the bank. They can take up to 30 working days to retrieve & pay the funds back to us.

You can monitor this online, when we have the funds back we will pay them into your correct account.

Thanks
Okay so in that case, we would send a Payment Trace to the bank. They can take up to 30 working days to retrieve & pay the funds back to us.

You can monitor this online, when we have the funds back we will pay them into your correct account.

Thanks

They sent a trace out last week, how am I able to monitor this online?
What happens if after 30 days I don't receive the funds?
You can monitor the payment schedule online, the due date will change once it has been re-submitted to you.

Thanks
You can monitor the payment schedule online, the due date will change once it has been re-submitted to you.

Thanks

Okay, so I have to wait for it to change from paid to submitted and for the date to change
Yes that is correct.

Thanks
Yes that is correct.

Thanks

What happens if it doesn't do anything after 30 days?
Hi,

If nothing changes after 30 days then call us.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending