The Student Room Group

Does this sound like shes avoiding me?

In my flat at uni I became very close with a girl. We are only friends since she has a boyfriend but we would still hang out together most of the time and text quite a lot and on Friday someone in the flat thought we were together. We both just laughed it off but then she went away for a few days and when she came back she has barely spoken to me and when I text her I get short blunt answers. Her boyfriend phoned her last week when I was in the room and it was quite late. Does this sound like she's avoiding me or am I just being paranoid?
Original post by Anonymous
In my flat at uni I became very close with a girl. We are only friends since she has a boyfriend but we would still hang out together most of the time and text quite a lot and on Friday someone in the flat thought we were together. We both just laughed it off but then she went away for a few days and when she came back she has barely spoken to me and when I text her I get short blunt answers. Her boyfriend phoned her last week when I was in the room and it was quite late. Does this sound like she's avoiding me or am I just being paranoid?

It's not 100% convincing but I would say that she is avoiding you. Maybe she herself realised what was going on after the couples comment and was thinking about it while she was away, or was telling her boyfriend about her day and he didn't like how often your name popped up.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
It's not 100% convincing but I would say that she is avoiding you. Maybe she herself realised what was going on after the couples comment and was thinking about it while she was away, or was telling her boyfriend about her day and he didn't like how often your name popped up.

What do you think I should do since we are good friends and used to talk a lot and it's not like we were doing anything wrong. I can't ask her if she's avoiding me because it might come out wrong when I ask but I just don't know what to do.
What do you think I should do since we are good friends and used to talk a lot and it's not like we were doing anything wrong. I can't ask her if she's avoiding me because it might come out wrong when I ask but I just don't know what to do.

Maybe ask 'hey what's up, have I upset you in any way? If I have I'm really sorry'.

Or just give her space.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe ask 'hey what's up, have I upset you in any way? If I have I'm really sorry'.

Or just give her space.

I might just bring it up in conversation later. I bumped into her earlier and we were talking and she seemed OK with me but I don't know if that was just because there were a few other people there. Will I seem pushy if I text her again later asking how her day has been?
I might just bring it up in conversation later. I bumped into her earlier and we were talking and she seemed OK with me but I don't know if that was just because there were a few other people there. Will I seem pushy if I text her again later asking how her day has been?

I'm leaning towards no, not pushy and maybe a tiny bit clingy but I'm not sure. If you can think of anything else to start a conversation it might be better but I can't explain why.

I would just not read too deeply into it and send her a message, and see if anything has changed.
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
I'm leaning towards no, not pushy and maybe a tiny bit clingy but I'm not sure. If you can think of anything else to start a conversation it might be better but I can't explain why.

I would just not read too deeply into it and send her a message, and see if anything has changed.

It was fine she text me earlier and we spent most of the day together. She was just slightly homesick so we are fine.
It was fine she text me earlier and we spent most of the day together. She was just slightly homesick so we are fine.

There you go :smile: it's worked out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending