The Student Room Group

Got CDD at AS, got CDD at A2

When I received my As results I agree I did not work as hard as my mates. Dropped biology for maths in A2. Now with this one I had to work hard because I had everything to lose. Foundation at a uni was not an option. I honestly tried my best. Nights with past papers. Extra lessons every Saturday for maths and physics. I thought the least I could get would be BBA (was predicted BBC). Imagine my shock when I got my results. My parents and I had high hopes for those results. They expected better. I cried harder than I have ever cried in my life. My mom was so worried she actually came to my room and stayed there till I calmed down. My dad surprisingly was not angry. Now what to do with these grades?
Do a foundation year at RG uni, or foundation year then transfer to RG uni.

I got CCC then ended up on a A*A*A course at Durham http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055250
I apologise if i sound incredibly blunt here, but I really don't understand how you could handle the content in uni if you're struggling to get decent grades in the mild content you cover at A level, I'm genuinely baffled.

Perhaps look into getting apprenticeships/paid work experience instead? It's a lot better than going to a uni you don't like just for the sake of it because your grades didn't cut into the butter.

Good luck :h:
I'm really sorry to hear about that.
Which subjects did you take? I think the best option for you is to retake the year. :smile:
Good luck! also what career do you want?
Considering a C is like 60% and a D 50%, I highly doubt you tried your hardest (no offence).
Original post by TheTechN1304
Considering a C is like 60% and a D 50%, I highly doubt you tried your hardest (no offence).

I think she was asking for advice, not criticism... but thanks for trying
Reply 6
You could either retake the year or do a foundation degree. But you don't want history repeating itself so if i was you i'd go for the foundation degree option. What do you want to do at uni?
Consistency is everything
do a foundation year or resit and apply to medium ranked universities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending