The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oblivion99
Are you doing Law with Arabic? Or something under those lines.

Personally, I find Birmingham Law school quite adequate however not for international study routes etc. I would say Kings, but it should be more a personal preference tbh :smile:

would you rank them in your order of preference please? no i'm just doing LLB law.
Original post by lawundergrad101
would you rank them in your order of preference please? no i'm just doing LLB law.

So if you want to work in the middle east, how will you execute that? What I'm implying is, can you speak Arabic and are you affirmative that a LLB Law degree will be liable (for example, one of my friends had done "international law" and another "law with french" and both work overseas).

In terms of ranking them in preference, I really don't know sorry. However these may help you:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=law
durham, kings, birmingham, warwick which is better for law if you're considering to work in the middle east?

Its isnt the Uni that will get you a job in the Middle East - it's you.
Original post by returnmigrant
Its isnt the Uni that will get you a job in the Middle East - it's you.

obviously i know that, really wasn't looking for that tho. Some unis are generally better preferred in different regions and that was in concerns with job prospects. Durham's ranking in higher locally and internationally lower.
Therefore, looking out for anyone from the middle east who'd give me their opinion on preference of companies there.
Guys Nottingham are taking ages to get back to me for an application of Law with French :frown:
I even emailed them asking when I should have a decision, and they have not responded. What should I do?? Tired of waiting it out.
Original post by Oblivion99
So if you want to work in the middle east, how will you execute that? What I'm implying is, can you speak Arabic and are you affirmative that a LLB Law degree will be liable (for example, one of my friends had done "international law" and another "law with french" and both work overseas).

In terms of ranking them in preference, I really don't know sorry. However these may help you:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=law

yes i speak arabic, thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Bijoux1801
Guys Nottingham are taking ages to get back to me for an application of Law with French :frown:
I even emailed them asking when I should have a decision, and they have not responded. What should I do?? Tired of waiting it out.

same position, all my friends who applied there are still waiting too :frown:
Would it be a bad idea to firm Warwick and insure SOAS, when both are asking for AAA?
If I miss my grades, would UCAS make both my firm and insurance reject me automatically?
I know SOAS are a bit more lenient in terms of grades (my sister missed her grades AAB & got BBC)
Original post by dfradkin
For quite some time, I've had a massive dilemma of whether to firm Nottingham or Bristol (both offers at AAA). Am I mad if I firm Bristol over Nottingham anyone?

Bristol gives you the alternative offer of A*AB - a big plus if you get wobbly grades in August,and suggestive that they may be more flexible than Notts.
Bristol gives you the alternative offer of A*AB - a big plus if you get wobbly grades in August,and suggestive that they may be more flexible than Notts.

I feel like I can achieve AAA regardless. Does the flexibility mean Bristol is less academically reputated?
I feel like I can achieve AAA regardless. Does the flexibility mean Bristol is less academically reputated?

It's highly unlikely they'll be flexible this year considering the mass of rejections they handed out (due to increased levels of apps).

Just choose whichever you like in terms of location and course structure. The difference between them is non-existent.
Original post by *Stefan*
It's highly unlikely they'll be flexible this year considering the mass of rejections they handed out (due to increased levels of apps).

Just choose whichever you like in terms of location and course structure. The difference between them is non-existent.

Okay thanks. I liked Bristol in terms of vibe, location, etc. so probably will be going with that. A*AB helps also
Original post by YaYazooGirl
Would it be a bad idea to firm Warwick and insure SOAS, when both are asking for AAA?
If I miss my grades, would UCAS make both my firm and insurance reject me automatically?
I know SOAS are a bit more lenient in terms of grades (my sister missed her grades AAB & got BBC)

It's a bit risky perhaps, but not a bad idea if you know that SOAS will be lenient.
It's not up to UCAS; it's up to the unis. UCAS is just a go-between: unis make a decision and inform UCAS, then UCAS informs you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still trying to fathom the logic in this question.

(And the grammar)
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm still trying to fathom the logic in this question.

Well you know how higher requirements may mean that it's a more selective uni therefore more competition and thus higher standards? I mean if Bristol is held in such a high regard why isn't their offer on par with say, QM?
Well you know how higher requirements may mean that it's a more selective uni therefore more competition and thus higher standards? I mean if Bristol is held in such a high regard why isn't their offer on par with say, QM?

The fact that a uni asks for certain conditions doesn't mean all students get them. QMUL has almost always been in clearing.

And that aside, Bristol takes about 400 students while Notts takes 170 or so - obviously they are not directly comparable on that regard.

QMUL is known as the King ********ter of unis. Their nominal or "de jure" entry is divorced from reality.
same position, all my friends who applied there are still waiting too :frown:

Gosh. What do we do then? I've tried calling them twice today with no luck. It keeps saying nobody as available to pick the call. And I emailed them a few days ago, still haven't responded :frown:
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
QMUL is known as the King ********ter of unis. Their nominal or "de jure" entry is divorced from reality.

Okay, bad comparison. Is Nottingham being A*AA then closer to the likes of KCL/UCL/LSE or is Bristol?
Okay, bad comparison. Is Nottingham being A*AA then closer to the likes of KCL/UCL/LSE or is Bristol?

Notts is closer than Bristol. But Notts is closer to Bristol than it is to UCL/KCL/LSE.

Latest

Trending

Trending